Eligibility and Application Requirements
All material formats including text, images, maps, newspapers, audio, and video are eligible.
Along with the application form, each applicant must include a timeline and budget outlining where and how the funds will be utilized. Based on your project, this can include one or more of the following categories:
- Web Design
- Personal Protective Equipment
Direct compensation and/or fringe benefits for permanent employees are not eligible expenses for the Digitization Project Grants program.
A PDF copy of the application questions asked can be found here. We recommend using this before submitting your grant application through our form.
We recommend that institutions applying for funding receive direct quotes from any vendors, contractors, products, and services required to complete their project. We ask institutions to attach documentation (vendor quote, RFP, etc.) to support their application.
Grant funding is intended to be used for products and services directly related to project activities.
Click here for a sample budget and timeline.
Digital Culture of Metropolitan New York (DCMNY)
We strongly encourage recipients to contribute copies of their new digital collections to METRO’s Digital Culture of Metropolitan New York (DCMNY), once the grant period is over.
DCMNY provides free online access to digital collections of libraries, archives, museums, and historical societies located in and around New York City. Participating institutions are located in the following counties of New York State: Bronx, Kings, New York, Queens, and Westchester.
For more information about participating in DCMNY, please contact us at email@example.com.
METRO will reimburse selected institutions for all expenses incurred in two phases:
- Phase I: February 1st through June 9th, 2023
- Phase II: June 10th through October 27th, 2023
The midterm deadline for participants to submit program outputs will be June 9th, 2023. Final program outputs will be due to METRO by October 27th, 2023. METRO requires the following documentation in order to reimburse selected institutions for their work on Digitization Project Grants:
Phase I (due on Friday, June 9th, 2023):
- A written narrative of work done on the project between February and June
- An updated budget that details the expenses incurred between February and June 2023
- Receipts for all expenses incurred during the course of work on the Digitization Project Grant between February and June 2023
- Invoices from contractors, vendors, or others performing work on an the Digitization Project Grant
- A W-9 from the invoicing institution
Phase II (due on Friday, October 27th, 2023):
- A written narrative of work done on the project between June and October
- An updated budget detailing expenses incurred between June and October 2023
- Receipts for all expenses incurred during the course of work on the the Digitization Project Grant incurred between June and October 23
- Invoices from contractors, vendors, or others performing work on the Digitization Project Grant between June and October 2023