Our Library Referrals system makes it easier for students and researchers to locate materials or research across our member libraries.
See how it works below.
Patrons are able to search for a specific book, item, or across subject areas. See how it works below. To participate in this service, library users should:
Verify that the desired title or collection is not available in your library or in the public library system
- Confirm in the METRO Member Directory that the library you are a member of is a METRO Referrals program participant
- If you wish to research or study across a subject area, locate a host library that has a strong collection in your subject area
- Identify a library that has the title or collection available using OCLC, WorldCat, Docline, or related resources
- Visit your member library and a librarian will check your information and fill out an online referral request form for you
- Remember: access restrictions may apply
The host library will determine the period and length of time a patron may have access to an item or collection. This service does not give users unlimited access to a library’s materials and does not guarantee they will be available at a given time. In most cases, access is limited to the specific item or subject.
For more info or questions about our referral service, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org, or (212) 228-2320 ext 7100.