Young Adult Librarian
Hampton Library in Bridgehampton
Job posted to this site on January 24th at 9:51am
Application Deadline: February 18th 2023
Position Opening: FT Young Adult Librarian
The Hampton Library in Bridgehampton is seeking an energetic and innovative librarian to join our Youth Services Department. The successful candidate will love reading, and he/she/they will have a passion for teen services, merriment, and community involvement. This position will include weekdays, nights, and rotating Saturdays and Sundays. Those currently enrolled in library school are encouraged to apply.
- MLS (or equivalent) degree or currently enrolled in an ALA-accredited library program
- Strong communication skills and public service orientation
- The ability to perform both independently and as a team member
- Commitment to excellent customer service
- Knowledge of culture and current trends in library services to Young Adults, as well as popular literature and social media trends
- Ability to operate audio-visual equipment
- Flexibility in job duty procedures and have the ability to tolerate and embrace change
- Conducts in-library and off-campus class visits and provides outreach services enthusiastically with the community to create, build, and maintain relationships with local teens as well as community members
- Collaborates and builds relationships with local schools and community organizations
- Assists with the management of library social media accounts
- Designs and implements creative teen programming to facilitate a love of reading and learning, including in-house programs and/or hiring vendors, for grades 6-12
- Evaluates materials and services and assists in the selection of materials for library acquisition
- Performs a full range of circulation desk duties including but not limited to issuing library cards, checking materials in and out, reserving books, and preparing materials for interlibrary loan
- Performs other duties, as assigned
- $60,060, 35 hours per week – Mondays-Fridays with rotating Saturdays and Sundays
- Trainee salary commensurate with credits completed
Generous benefit package including NYSHIP health benefits, TIAA 403b retirement plan and paid time off. This is not a civil service position.
Interested candidates should submit a cover letter, resume, and 3 references to Shannon Hughes at firstname.lastname@example.org by February 18. Please put “Young Adult Librarian” in the subject line.
Note: The Library has a mandatory vaccination policy for all employees. New hires must be fully vaccinated with exemptions only for valid medical or religious reasons, in which case, the employee must submit negative test results weekly.
The Hampton Library in Bridgehampton is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
LocationHampton Library in Bridgehampton, 2478 Main Street, Bridgehampton, NY 11932
Application URL or Email
Submit specified application materials to email@example.com.