STEM and Data Education Librarian
Job posted to this site on January 11th at 5:29pm
Application Deadline: February 19th 2023
This position is open to those with an MLS or graduate degree in STEM. We are looking for someone who is inspired by the wonderment of science, and enthused by the prospect of library discovery and helping others. The Wesleyan Library is a great place to work, especially because of our people and values. This position is required to work on campus.
Reporting to the Associate University Librarian for Academic Services, the STEM and Data Education Librarian will provide leadership in establishing partnerships and services that facilitate meaningful user engagement.
The Librarian will provide education, support, and collection development for Science, Technology, Engineering, and Math (STEM) resources, data discovery, and management of data, including data management planning, data sharing, and long-term data stewardship.
The Librarian will support undergraduate and graduate academic programs, as well as high impact research initiatives in Astronomy, Biology, Chemistry, Earth and Environmental Science, Mathematics, Molecular Biology and Biochemistry, Physics, and the IDEAS program (Integrated Design, Engineering & Applied Sciences).
- Establish individual connections with faculty and students in STEM departments and programs to provide collections, instruction, and research support that meets their evolving needs
- Provide in-person and online library instruction, and offer general reference and research support
- Provide campus-wide support, advisement, and instruction in research data management and open access best practices
- Work in consultation with faculty and library collection development staff to evaluate and advise on STEM collection development
- Collaborate with library and campus colleagues on initiatives that support the success of Wesleyan students and faculty
- Maintain current knowledge of trends and changes in academic public services
- Engage with professional organizations to learn and share knowledge
- Contribute to the library’s initiatives towards diversity, equity, inclusion, and justice
- Perform additional duties as assigned
$61,300 - $72,300 yearly
Application URL or Email
Submit specified application materials to email@example.com.