Senior Librarian II Reference Department---position open due to recent internal promotion!
Great Neck Library
Job posted to this site on November 2nd at 4:43pm
Application Deadline: November 9th 2023
Are you ready to take your next career step? Are you ready to join a growing team of professionals dedicated to providing excellent service? Are you ready to excel? The Great Neck Library is a multi-branch system seeking an energetic, detail oriented, service driven Senior Librarian in the Reference Department for a very active, culturally diverse library system in a highly educated community.
Duties and Responsibilities include:
- Provide Reference and reader’s advisory
- Assist patrons with access to digital services
- Collection development
- Adult programming
- Serials maintenance
- Online database management
- Weekly staff scheduling and staff supervision
- In Department Heads absence, serve as Person in charge of department
- Provide assistance with general administrative duties to the Head of Adult Services and Reference
- Function as person-in-charge of the library on scheduled nights and weekends
- Position may involve prolonged periods of sitting and lifting of up to 25 lbs.
- Other duties as assigned
Qualifications & Experience Required:
- MLS or MLIS from an ALA accredited institution
- New York State Public Librarian’s Professional Certificate required at time of employment
- Minimum of three (3) years Librarian Experience
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and professional skills are a must.
Schedule: Full time – 35 hours/week, includes nights and weekends. Sundays as needed.
Salary Range: Annual Salary Range: $65,000.00 - $85,000.00 plus full benefit package including NYS Retirement System.
This is a Union Position and is non-civil service.
The salary of the finalist selected for this role will be based on a variety of factors, including but not limited to departmental budgets, qualifications, experience, education, licenses, longevity, specialty and training.
Reply with resume, cover letter, completed GNL employment application (found here - https://greatnecklibrary.org/employment/) and references by November 9, 2023
Great Neck Library
159 Bayview Ave.
Great Neck, NY 11023
No Phone Calls Please. The Great Neck Library is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
LocationGreat Neck, New York
$65,000 - $85,000 yearly
Application URL or Email
Submit specified application materials to firstname.lastname@example.org.