Senior Librarian II Reference Department
Great Neck Library
Job posted to this site on September 15th at 10:48am
Application Deadline: September 28th 2022
The Great Neck Library is seeking an energetic, detail oriented, service driven Senior Librarian in the Reference Department for a very active, culturally diverse library system in a highly educated community. The successful candidate will provide assistance with general administrative duties to the Head of Adult Services and Reference and will assist patrons in finding books, other materials, and information both on-line and in print, reader’s advisory, digital services, collection development and adult programming. Excellent interpersonal, communication and professional skills are a must.
Duties and Responsibilities include:
- Weekly staff scheduling, staff supervision and serve in charge of the department in the Department Head’s absence
- Documented knowledge of Serials Maintenance
- Proven experience in Online Database Management
- Budgeting Experience Preferred
- Function as person-in-charge of the library on scheduled nights and weekends
- Position may involve prolong periods of sitting and lifting of up to 25 lbs.
- Other duties as assigned
Qualifications & Experience Required:
- MLS or MLIS from an ALA accredited institution
- New York State Public Librarian’s Professional Certificate required at time of employment
- Minimum of three (3) years Reference Experience
Full time – 35 hours/week, includes nights and weekends.
Sundays as needed.
Starting Salary Range:
The minimum starting salary is $65,000.00 + commensurate with experience and qualifications plus full benefit package including NYS Retirement System. This is a Union Position and is non-civil service.
Great Neck Library
159 Bayview Ave.
Great Neck, NY 11023
No Phone Calls Please. The Great Neck Library is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Application URL or Email
Submit specified application materials to firstname.lastname@example.org.