Senior Librarian II Childrens Department
Great Neck Library
Job posted to this site on July 27th at 5:02pm
Application Deadline: August 17th 2022
The Great Neck Library is seeking a creative, energetic, detail oriented, service driven Senior Librarian in the Children’s Department for a very active, culturally diverse children’s library in a highly educated community. The successful candidate will provide assistance with general administrative duties to the Childrens Department Head and will assist patrons in finding books, other materials, and information both on-line and in print, reader’s advisory, digital services, collection development and childrens programming. Excellent interpersonal, communication and professional skills are a must.
Duties and Responsibilities include:
- Weekly staff scheduling, staff supervision and serve in charge of the department in the Department Head’s absence
- Material Ordering
- Conducting Programs and Special Events
- Function as person-in-charge of the library on scheduled nights and weekends
- Position may involve prolong periods of sitting and lifting of up to 25 lbs.
- Other duties as assigned
Qualifications & Experience Required:
- MLS or MLIS from an ALA accredited institution
- New York State Public Librarian’s Professional Certificate required at time of employment
- Minimum of three (3) years Librarian Experience
Full time – 35 hours/week, includes one night plus Saturday rotation.
Sundays as needed.
Starting Salary Range:
The minimum starting salary is $61,640 commensurate with experience and qualifications plus full benefit package including NYS Retirement System.
This is a Union Position and is non-civil service.
Reply with resume, cover letter, and references by 8/17/2022:
Great Neck Library
159 Bayview Ave.
Great Neck, NY 11023
No Phone Calls Please. The Great Neck Library is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Application URL or Email
Submit specified application materials to firstname.lastname@example.org.