Senior Legal Research & Training Manager
Job posted to this site on October 8th at 7:37pm
LAC Group seeks a Senior Legal Research and Training Manager for a major law firm client in Manhattan, NY. The Senior Legal Research and Training Manager will be required to manage and coordinate research services and support. This is a full-time position that is currently remote but will move to a hybrid role once the office is cleared to reopen.
- Alongside the Senior Researcher, provide leadership and guidance to the other library staff in relation to research support; efficiency in search strategies, knowledge of resources, accuracy of search results, and quality control overall for all requests fulfillment of legal and business research, hard copy and digital requests for materials and documents, current awareness and training users.
- Provide training to all new hires on library services and resources
- Coordinate onsite training from vendor reps
- Answers a range of legal and business research requests, from quick requests for cases, legislation and basic company information to more in-depth analysis of legal developments or sector analysis to support pitch documents or other marketing activities.
- Assists the Senior Researcher with the efficient and effective workflow management of research request fulfillment, assigns and monitors reference “desk” activities and coverage. Assists with the coordination of research and reference coverage with other firm offices and library staff.
- Provides advice on self-service solutions using electronic resources via the library’s portal site for straight-forward requests for documents, cases and articles.
- Captures knowledge from requests for future use.
- Ensures that complex or strategic research is accurately and comprehensively presented in a professional and timely manner, and provides appropriate follow-up measures.
- Standardize output and insert a layer of Quality Control.
- Tracks, collates and archives key metrics and provides necessary reports in accordance with SLAs
- 4-5 years experience in Information/Library Services preferably in a legal environment.
- A degree or post-graduate qualification in Information and Library Management, Information Science.
- Previous experience in the areas of legal, competitive and business intelligence.
- Extensive knowledge of key legal and business research databases and an excellent ability to search across publicly available sources.
How to Apply
Submit specified application materials to firstname.lastname@example.org.