Scholarly Communication Librarian
Job posted to this site on August 11th at 1:09pm
Application Deadline: September 10th 2022
Touro University Libraries is seeking a highly motivated, enthusiastic, and creative scholarly communication librarian to lead and advance the scholarly communication services at Touro University. The incumbent cultivates partnerships within the library and across campus to promote such services and provide outreach and education in areas of scholarly communication and open scholarship. As part of a team, the successful candidate will work under the supervision of the Library Information Literacy Director, and collaborate with the Open Educational Resources Librarian to develop and implement OER programs in relevant academic departments and across campuses. This position is based at the Midtown campus of Touro University New York but is hybrid at present. This is a non-tenure track, professional staff position.
- Instrumental in the maintenance, growth, and success of Touro’s Institutional Repository, i.e. Touro Scholar
- Compiles and prepares a yearly faculty publications book
- Develops and delivers webinars and workshops as part of the Faculty Development Series such as author’s rights, traditional and non-traditional bibliometrics, open access publishing, etc.
- Works closely with the Open Educational Resources Librarian to raise awareness and usage of OER across Touro campuses
- Serves as the embedded librarian for undergraduate and graduate programs
- Provides individual research and resource consultations for faculty and students
- Creates and maintains LibGuides on a variety of subjects and courses
- Stays current with the emerging technologies and research in scholarly communication and open scholarship
- Engages in relevant professional development opportunities via training courses presenting and publishing in the field
- Performs related duties as assigned
- Master of Accredited Library and Information Science required.
Knowledge/ Skills/ Abilities
- Preferred familiarity with computer programming such as Python
- Familiarity with Citation Management Tools such as Zotero and RefWorks
- Strong project management skills
- Demonstrated proficiency in communication (written and verbal)
- Comfortable in teaching and public speaking
- Demonstrated ability to develop positive and cooperative relationships with students, faculty, and colleagues
- Familiarity in online learning platforms including Canvas, Adobe Connect
- Effectively manage and organize daily tasks independently and with a team while balancing multiple projects and meeting deadlines
- A high degree of interpersonal competency: Professionalism, diplomacy, judgement, and discretion
- Strong attention to details
- Customer service and team orientated
- Travel to Touro sites may be required
- Occasional evening hours
- Able to lift up to 5lbs.
Location320 W 31st Street, New York, NY 10001
$60,000 - $64,000 yearly