Revised Posting-Part Time Librarian/Trainee- Childrens Department (various shifts & locations)
Great Neck Library
Job posted to this site on March 9th at 9:54am
Application Deadline: March 22nd 2023
The Great Neck Library is a multi-branch system seeking friendly, energetic, highly motivated part-time librarian(s)/trainee(s) to provide excellent customer service to children and parents. The successful candidate(s) must be friendly, hard-working and knowledgeable about children’s literature, digital services and video gaming with ability to work a flexible schedule.
Duties and Responsibilities include:
- Provide reference, research and reader’s advisory service to parents and children in a busy four location library system
- Collection Development and Book Displays
- Possess a hands-on, working knowledge of digital services and library download services on various devices and be comfortable showing and promoting these services
- Work independently and collaboratively on projects and programs
- Position may involve prolong periods of sitting and lifting of up to 25 lbs.
- Other duties as assigned
Qualifications & Experience Required:
- MLS or MLIS from ALA accredited institution or completion of 12 credits towards the degree
- New York State Public Librarian’s Professional Certificate required at time of employment
- Experience working with children (birth – 6th grade) and parents
Schedule: Part Time- includes Days, Nights and Saturdays. Sundays as needed.
Starting Salary Range: Part Time: $27.00 per hour Librarian; Trainee $22.00 per hour
This is a Union position and is non-civil service.
Reply with resume, cover letter, completed GNL employment application (found here - https://greatnecklibrary.org/employment/)
and references by March 22, 2023
Great Neck Library
159 Bayview Ave.
Great Neck, NY 11023
No Phone Calls Please
The Great Neck Library is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
LocationGreat Neck, New York
Application URL or Email
Submit specified application materials to email@example.com.