Research and Instruction Librarian
Gottesman Libraries/Teachers College, Columbia University
Job posted to this site on May 22nd at 9:41pm
Application Deadline: June 23rd 2023
The Gottesman Libraries aspire to excellence in advancing and sharing transformative knowledge to develop informed and engaged thinkers and leaders in the educational, psychological, and health professions. We envision the library, beyond walls, as the heart and soul for the exchange of thoughts and ideas that inform a smarter, healthier, and more equitable world enlightened by history, leadership, and innovation.
Job Summary/Basic Function:
The Research and Instruction Librarian will deliver top, front-facing patron services to strengthen existing offerings and meet the needs of the Teachers College community in support of teaching, learning, and research. They will play a key role in building an instructional collection of resources in multiple formats, reflective of the College’s academic programs to encourage greater usage of the Libraries’ collections;
research literacy; and communication central to needs in library instruction.
Primary responsibilities include:
Designing and conducting instruction sessions 25%
- Conducting systematic outreach to faculty and instructors to promote instruction sessions.
- Coordinating and scheduling sessions with the Head, Reference & Reader Services
- Researching and implementing new instructional modalities for instruction sessions
Providing high-quality reference and research assistance 25%
-Conducting personal consultations to students, faculty and staff
- Responding to questions through the Libraries’ various service points
- Offering guidance to students, faculty, and staff on narrative, scoping, and systematic literature reviews
Developing and supporting research guides and workshops 25%
- Designing and providing small group hybrid workshops in alignment with the ACRL Information Literacy Framework
- Assessing the impact of research guides and implementing changes to content as needed
Leveraging library social media and blog for research, instruction, and program offerings - 15%
- Planning social media posts in coordination with the Head, Reference & Reader Services
- Collaborating with other librarians to develop regular content
Monitoring trends in emerging technologies and working with staff to implement those that support library services and instruction - 5%
- Developing projects and setting self-directed research goals
- Service on relevant committees within Teachers College and Columbia University Libraries
Other duties as assigned - 5%
Location525 West 120th Street New York, NY 10027
$64,300 - $75,480 yearly
Application URL or Email
Submit specified application materials to email@example.com.