Research Analysts (Multiple Positions and Offices - Evenings, Weekends)
Skadden, Arps, Slate, Meagher and Flom LLP
Job posted to this site on October 12th at 1:59pm
Skadden is seeking Research & Knowledge Analysts to assist with global information services. There are multiple shifts available:
- Monday-Friday, 1-9 ET, based out of the New York office. This position offers a fully remote or a hybrid work model.
- Monday-Friday, 1-9 ET, 12-8 CT, or 10-6 PT, based out of New York, Chicago, Washington DC, Boston, Los Angeles, Palo Alto or Wilmington. This position offers a fully remote or a hybrid work model, depending on location.
- Sunday-Thursday, 1-9 ET, based out of the New York office. This position offers a fully remote or a hybrid work model.
This position will be responsible for researching and providing information, analysis and expertise to attorneys and staff in all practice areas of the Firm. Analyzes legal, corporate and general resources and communicates findings in a clear and concise manner. Coordinates current awareness alerts. Works with Knowledge Strategy Counsel to develop and maintain selected practice area databases and websites. Assists with the evaluation and recommendation of new information resources.
- Supports research and Knowledge Management (KM) initiatives for Firm attorneys and staff across the globe, incorporating new technology.
- Performs cost efficient ready reference and in-depth research on legal, corporate and other topics using online and print resources.
- Uses question and answer skills to conduct effective reference interviews.
- Distills research results into clear and concise reports of findings.
- Creates and maintains alert services that identify matters of interest to attorneys, as well as existing and potential clients.
- Works independently and with the Knowledge Strategy (KS) team and selected practice areas to choose, collect, organize, maintain, and update content for practice area websites and databases.
- Provides attorneys with access to and encourages the effective use of internal and external knowledge resources.
- Disseminates knowledge resources via Firm wide intranet and databases to attorneys.
- Collaborates with practice group leaders and other attorneys to design effective KS websites and databases.
- Establishes relationships with attorneys to promote awareness of KS initiatives and to solicit their participation.
- Provides full service research and KM support if working remotely from the office.
- Assists with evaluating new and updated versions of information resources, online and print sources, and recommends beneficial information sources for the Firm.
- Develops information network within and outside the Firm.
- Develops subject guides, tip sheets and training materials as department needs and resources change.
- Monitors email on firm issued mobile device while out of the office and during off hours and coordinates with staff in NY and other offices to complete pending requests.
- Uses workflow software for the distribution and recording of research and KM requests.
- Demonstrates effective interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills to facilitate effective work relationships with others.
- Manages Firm resources responsibly.
- Complies with and understands Firm operation, policies and procedures.
- Assists other department staff members when needed.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Proficient in using computer-based research tools: Lexis, Westlaw, Bloomberg, Intelligize, Practical Law, Fastcase, PLI, Capital IQ, Deal Point Data, CCH Cheetah and more
- Knowledge of relevant firm computer software programs (e.g., Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint), with the ability to learn new software and operating systems
- Strong analytical and troubleshooting skills
- Demonstrates effective interpersonal and communication skills, both verbally and in writing
- Demonstrates close attention to detail
- Demonstrates a courteous and professional demeanor and prioritizes a highly positive, customer-service approach
- Proven ability in using web page editors
- Ability to work well independently as well as effectively within a team
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
- Ability to handle multiple projects and shifting priorities
- Ability to handle sensitive matters and maintain confidentiality
- Ability to organize and prioritize work
- Ability to work well in a demanding and fast-paced environment
- Ability to use discretion and exercise independent and sound judgment
- Flexibility to travel
- Flexibility to adjust hours and work the hours necessary to meet operating and business needs
- Master's Degree in Library Science or equivalent experience (minimum of four years)
- Minimum of two years' experience conducting research in a legal or corporate information center
Skadden is an Equal Opportunity Employer (Disability/Vet/other protected categories). For more information, please visit Skadden.com/careers.
This is a remote Job Offer