Reference & Instruction Librarian
Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai
Job posted to this site on March 9th at 9:13am
Application Deadline: April 8th 2023
We welcome applicants for the position of Reference & Instruction Librarian focused on our Mount Sinai West / Mount Sinai Morningside (MSWM) campuses. This librarian provides searching, reference and consultations, and educational activities that advance learning, clinical care and research throughout the Mount Sinai communities.
This is a hybrid position with a typical week combining remote work with time on-site engaging with clinicians, staff and students to enhance the visibility of library education and research services at the two Mount Sinai Health System campuses located on the west side of Manhattan.
Please consider applying, or sharing this opportunity with your colleagues.
Reporting to the Director, Education & Research Services, the Reference & Instruction Librarian is part of the Gustave L. and Janet W. Levy Library team supporting education, research, and clinical practice within the Mount Sinai Health System, including the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai.
Select responsibilities include:
- Holds one-on-one research consultations for literature searches, research syntheses, publishing support, and research instrument identification, and provides consultations for Nurse Residency Program cohorts and other programs as requested
- Establishes liaisons and relationships with the MSWM community, particularly nurses, trainees and faculty, and supports them in the effective use of library resources and services, both in-person and virtually
- Works closely with nursing education, participates and presents at nursing research group meetings and for new nurse orientations
- Develops and leads educational activities on literature searching, reference management, evidence-based practice, and scholarly publishing
- Develops outreach strategies for promoting clinician scholarship in collaboration with the Library and the Center for Nursing Research and Innovation
- Collaborates with MSWM operations coordinator for planning, developing outreach strategies and updating announcements. Contributes to maintaining the MSWM physical presence reporting technology, housekeeping and facilities issues as needed
- Master's degree earned from an ALA-accredited Library/Information Science program or internationally-recognized equivalent.
- Minimum one year of experience providing library reference or instruction services in an academic, hospital, or research library or an information services setting.
- Strong customer service orientation.
- Proficient written and spoken communication skills.
- Demonstrated aptitude for teaching; finalist candidates will be asked to present as part of the interview process.
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively, with effective interpersonal and organizational skills.
- Experience using biomedical and interdisciplinary resources such as PubMed/MEDLINE, CINAHL, and Web of Science.
- Experience using LibApps platform (LibGuides, LibAnswers, etc.).
- Familiarity with Evidence-Based Medicine (EBM) practice models.
- Experience with EndNote, Zotero or other reference management tools.
The Levy Library is dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive and
authentic workplace, so if you’re excited about this role, but your past
experience doesn’t align perfectly with every qualification in the job
description, we encourage you to apply anyway.
Anticipated hiring salary range: $62,500-67,500
Learn more about this exciting opportunity through the following link:
Application review begins Monday, March 27; applications will be accepted until the position is filled.
Location1000 10th Ave, New York, NY 10019
Application URL or Email
Submit specified application materials to firstname.lastname@example.org.