PT Circulation Supervisor
Job posted to this site on August 31st at 9:15am
Application Deadline: September 30th 2022
Job Posting Summary
The Mercy College Manhattan Campus Library is looking for a part-time Circulation Supervisor with a flexible schedule.
• Assist circulation and circulation desk operations, including reserve system, re-shelving, and all transactions of library materials and equipment.
• Assist with student worker supervision/training for library operations and special projects, including hiring, evaluations, timesheet reminders, and scheduling. Provide desk backup as needed.
• Assist patrons with general inquiries and directional questions in person and on the phone; refers reference questions to librarians via phone, chat, email when appropriate.
• Assist students, faculty, staff, and patrons with the use of library technology and common user troubleshooting for computers, laptops, printers, peripherals, audiovisual hardware, and other educational technologies
• Assist in oversight of the physical environment, including stack maintenance, book shelving, cleanliness. Report problems to facilities when necessary.
• Assist with special projects, reports, data gathering, and data/statistics preparation, and general clerical office support
• Demonstrate written, verbal, and interpersonal ability to deal with “customers, supervisors, peers, and subordinates as needed to do the job and resolve complex situations
• Demonstrates excellence in Customer service delivery
• Demonstrates a willingness to develop the technical expertise required for the job
• Punctual and maintains a satisfactory attendance record.
• Demonstrates a professional, courteous, and respectful attitude in dealing with clients, staff, and other members of the Mercy College community.
• Answers telephones and emails in an appropriate, professional manner and resolves problems in a reasonable time frame.
• Open and close library facility when scheduled.
• Perform other duties/projects as assigned
• Must have a flexible schedule to accommodate staffing needs; Evenings and Saturdays are required.
• Must be able to travel and work at all campuses, if needed.
• Strong background in computers and other library technology
• Demonstrated leadership, interpersonal, written and oral communication, problem-solving, organizational, and presentation skills.
• Bilingual a plus
• Associates degree or higher preferred
Mercy College has made the safety of our students, faculty, staff and our surrounding communities a top priority. As part of this commitment, we recently announced that students, faculty, and staff on our campuses are required to be vaccinated against COVID-19. As a prospective and/or a new employee, you will be required to comply with the College's vaccination policy.
Mercy College is a dynamic, diverse New York City area college whose students are on a personal mission to get the most out of life by getting the most out of their education. Our institution is an independent, coeducational college that offers more than 90 undergraduate and graduate degree and certificate programs within five schools: Business, Education, Health and Natural Sciences, Liberal Arts and Social and Behavioral Sciences. Mercy College's efforts in these programs have been recognized over the last several years. As a federally designated Hispanic Serving Institution (HSI), Mercy College, has been honored by being ranked nationally among the top Colleges in the country for Hispanics by the Hispanic Association of Colleges and Universities (HACU).
Mercy College was further recognized by HACU as a national leader in awarding bachelor's degrees to Hispanics in several disciplines, including Psychology, Sociology and Business. Additionally, to support our diverse student body, Mercy College has pursued and been awarded a number of federal grants which enable us to better develop and deliver services to our students. As a Hispanic Serving Institution, Mercy College is proud to be recognized as an institution which helps under-served students to achieve their educational aspirations. Westchester Magazine has also named Mercy College the Best College in Westchester county in 2019 and 2020.The vibrancy of the College culture is sustained by a diverse student body from around the region. Enrollment, including full-time and part-time undergraduates and graduates is approximately 10,557; The College offers campuses in Dobbs Ferry, Bronx, Manhattan as well as online offerings.
At Mercy College, we strive to provide employees and their families with a comprehensive and valuable benefits package. We offer high-quality health care plans, retirement benefits, tuition discounts, flexible spending, and much more.
Mercy College is committed to providing motivated students the opportunity to transform their lives through higher education by offering liberal arts and professional programs in personalized and high quality learning environments, thus preparing students to embark on rewarding careers, to continue learning throughout their lives and to act ethically and responsibly in a changing world.
Mercy College is an equal opportunity employer. Mercy College actively engages in recruiting a diverse workforce and student body that includes members of historically underrepresented groups, and strives to build and sustain a welcoming and supportive campus community. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, national origin, ethnicity, creed, religion, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, pregnancy, genetic information, disability, or protected veteran status.
LocationNew York, NY