Job posted to this site on January 16th at 11:48am
Application Deadline: April 1st 2023
Project Background: The artist photographer Stanley Goldberg is seeking a qualified archivist to help assess, catalog, and preserve a collection assembled throughout his life. The collection includes slides and other materials related to Mr. Goldberg’s multi-media presentations created for major museums, corporations, and the Broadway stage; digital photography; and photographic prints by other photographers.
Responsibilities: With the goal of improving access and long-term storage, the consultant will be responsible for organizing, cataloguing, and digitizing a collection that includes documents, slides, films, video, photographs, hard drives, and multimedia material.
- Complete a collections assessment of physical and digital materials
- Implement an appropriate database and perform cataloging of collection
- Recommend and apply preservation methods for long-term storage of physical and digital material
Qualifications: MLS from an ALA-accredited institution, or Master's degree in photography with relevant archives experience
- Demonstrated understanding of archival principles, methods, skills, and knowledge
- Ability to assess complex, multi-series collections while applying standards and best practices
- Knowledge of and practical experience in photography (digital and analog), including management of physical, digitized, and born-digital photographic images
- Cataloging of visual materials based on standards and best practices
- Experience with collections assessment
- Experience with database management
- Experience with digitization of various types of material
Schedule & Timeline: This is a part-time project with a flexible schedule. Some remote work might be possible but primarily the consultant will be onsite in the home/studio of Stanley Goldberg. A timeline for completion will be created following an initial assessment of the project materials.
Application Materials: CV, Cover Letter, (3) Professional References
Location: New York City
Compensation: $35 - $50/hour depending on experience
LocationStanley Goldberg Office/Studio, 235 W. 767th St., #12E, NYC, NY 10023
Application URL or Email
Submit specified application materials to email@example.com.