Part-Time Reference and Instruction Librarian
McEntegart Hall Library, St. Joseph's University, Brooklyn Campus
Job posted to this site on July 12th at 9:54am
Application Deadline: July 20th 2022
St. Joseph’s University invites applications for a part-time reference and instruction librarian for the McEntegart Library on the Brooklyn Campus, located in the historic neighborhood of Clinton Hill. Reference responsibilities include staffing the reference desk, providing remote information (chat) services, updating subject guides, and collection management. The instructional services role includes teaching information literacy skills to undergraduate students enrolled in freshman seminars, writing courses, and core curriculum offerings. Additional projects will be assigned based upon librarian strengths and the needs of the library.
The regular (academic semester) weekly schedule is Monday through Thursday from 8:30 am – 2:00 pm, plus two Saturdays per month. There will be a reduced schedule during the summer and intersessions. Successful candidates will possess excellent communication skills and adhere to scheduled hours by punctual, regular attendance. A courteous, tactful, professional demeanor should epitomize all interactions, including strict maintenance of confidentiality of user records. Any changes in local/state/federal guidelines to ensure health and safety may revise the responsibilities and requirements of the position.
- Completed MLS/MLIS/MS degree from an ALA-accredited institution
- Professional-level proficiency in database searching and technology skills
- Demonstrated ability to teach students at the post-secondary level
- References from professional librarians or graduate-level library school faculty
- Familiarity with LibGuide software and a learning management system (e.g., Canvas)
- Ability to create online tutorials for campus-based and distance education students
- Experience providing reference and information services in person and remotely
Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled. Preference will be given to credentials received by 5 pm on Wednesday, July 20, 2022. Send cover letter and resume/CV in one file (MS Word or pdf) addressed to Dr. Elizabeth Pollicino Murphy, Executive Director of Libraries, at Callahan.Instruction@sjcny.edu (SUBJECT LINE: PT Librarian). Only electronic submissions will be accepted (i.e., no phone inquiries or hard copy materials).
LocationMcEntegart Hall Library, 222, Clinton Avenue, Brooklyn, Kings County, New York, 11205, United States
Application URL or Email
Submit specified application materials to Callahan.Instruction@sjcny.edu.