Part-time position for government documents project
St. John's University Law Library
Job posted to this site on November 22nd at 9:31am
Application Deadline: December 21st 2022
The St. John’s Law Library seeks applications for a temporary employee to work on a large-scale government documents weeding project. The successful applicant will report to the Associate Dean for Library Services. The work will need to be performed in-person at the St. John’s Law Library. However, work hours are flexible and the position pays $19 per hour. Applications must be submitted through the St. John's University Jobs website.
- Work with Microsoft Excel to collect and format data for upload into the Federal Depository Library Program Exchange system (FDLP Exchange)
- Monitor FDLP Exchange regularly for updates
- Communicate via email with other libraries in the depository program
- Prepare and pack print library materials for shipping or discard
- Use OCLC Connexion software to remove library holdings for weeded items
- Use Sierra library software to locate records for materials identified for weeding
- Physically process selected new materials received as part of the depository program, including checking in items using Sierra library software
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively, both independently and collaboratively, within a collegial environment
- Adept in the use of the Microsoft Office Suite, including strong skills and demonstrated experience working with data in Excel
- Experience and comfort using web-based platforms to query and organize data
- Commitment to working with a spirit of kindness and collaboration
- Experience with the Federal Depository Library Exchange system
- Familiarity with OCLC Connexion
- Familiarity with the Sierra Integrated Library System from Innovative Interfaces, Inc.
All persons hired are required to be vaccinated and boosted against the COVID-19 virus, subject to the reasonable accommodation provisions of applicable law.
In compliance with NYC’s Pay Transparency Act, the hourly rate for this position is $19. St. John’s University considers factors such as (but not limited to) scope and responsibilities of the position, candidate’s work experience, education/training, key skills, internal peer equity, as well as market and organizational considerations when extending an offer.
Any offer of employment is subject to receipt by St. John’s University of satisfactory references, verification of employment and education.
St. John’s University is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages applications from women and minorities. All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national or ethnic origin, age, status as an individual with a disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
LocationSt. John's University Law Library, 8000 Utopia Parkway, Jamaica, NY 11439