Part Time (Music) Staff Position (LEVELS)
Great Neck Library
Job posted to this site on May 11th at 3:00pm
Application Deadline: May 22nd 2023
The Great Neck Library is seeking a creative, personable, experienced youth worker for our acclaimed Levels cultural arts center for ages 12-18. Levels features weekly classes, weekend events, art shows, theatre productions, as well as an art space with crafting materials and digital video and audio recording facilities for moviemaking, music and more.
Duties and Responsibilities include:
- Develop and implement innovative programs for teens
- Assist in running weekend events and other teen center activities
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively
- Demonstrated respect, sensitivity, and knowledge of cultural differences
- Plan and teach Levels workshops for teens in grades 7 and up
- Plan and teach Junior Levels workshops for 5th and 6th grade students
- Position may involve prolong periods of sitting and lifting of up to 25 lbs.
- Other duties as assigned
Qualifications & Experience Required:
- Master’s Degree preferred; Bachelor’s Degree required
- Strong background in music and ability to play piano/keyboard for musicals
- Working knowledge of audio recording tools
- Experience in youth development and supervision preferred
Part Time – 12-18 hours/week, evening shifts, which could include
Mondays through Thursdays, 4:00 pm – 10:00 pm
(Alternating Fridays/Saturdays) -
Fridays, 3:00 pm – 12:00 am, Saturdays, 6:00 p.m. – 12:00 a.m.
Starting Salary Range: $27.00/per hour commensurate with experience and qualifications.
This is a Union position and is non-civil service.
Reply with resume, cover letter, completed GNL employment application
(found here - https://greatnecklibrary.org/employment/)
and references by May 22,2023
Great Neck Library
159 Bayview Ave.
Great Neck, NY 11023
LocationGreat Neck, New York
Application URL or Email
Submit specified application materials to firstname.lastname@example.org.