Part Time Librarian/Trainee Reference Department
Great Neck Library
Job posted to this site on November 9th at 12:41pm
Application Deadline: November 30th 2023
Start Your Journey to Success With Us!
The Great Neck Library is a multi-branch system seeking an energetic, detail oriented, service driven Librarian/Trainee in the Reference Department for a very active, culturally diverse library system in a highly educated community. The successful candidate will assist patrons in finding books, other materials, and information both on-line and in print, reader’s advisory, digital services, collection development and adult programming. Excellent interpersonal, communication and professional skills are a must.
Duties and Responsibilities include:
- Database searching, computer assistance, resource selection and collection development, book discussions and book displays.
- Position may involve prolonged periods of sitting and lifting of up to 25 lbs.
- Other duties as assigned
Qualifications & Experience Required:
- Knowledge of First Search, Microsoft Word and Excel preferred
- MLS or MLIS degree or completion of 6 credits towards an MLS or MLIS degree from an ALA accredited institution
- For Librarian-NYS Public Librarian’s Professional Certificate required at time of employment
Part Time - Nights and Saturdays. Sundays as needed.
Starting Salary Range:
Per Hour: $27.00-$40.00 Librarian/ $20.00-$26.00 Trainee
This is a Union position and is non-civil service.
We are a participating employer in the New York State & Local Retirement System.
The salary of the finalist selected for this role will be based on a variety of factors, including but not limited to departmental budgets, qualifications, experience, education, licenses, longevity, specialty and training.
Reply with resume, cover letter, completed GNL employment application (found here - https://greatnecklibrary.org/employment/)
and references by November 30, 2023
Great Neck Library
159 Bayview Ave.
Great Neck, NY 11023
No Phone Calls Please. The Great Neck Library is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
LocationGreat Neck, New York
Application URL or Email
Submit specified application materials to email@example.com.