Part Time LIBRARIANS/TRAINEES Childrens Department
Great Neck Library
Job posted to this site on November 9th at 12:41pm
Application Deadline: November 30th 2023
Start your journey to success with us!
The Great Neck Library is seeking friendly, energetic, highly motivated part-time librarian(s)/trainee(s) to provide excellent customer service to children and parents. The successful candidate(s) must be friendly, hard-working and knowledgeable about children’s literature, digital services and video gaming with ability to work a flexible schedule.
Duties and Responsibilities include:
- Provide reference, research and reader’s advisory service to parents and children in a busy four location library system
- Collection Development and Book Displays
- Possess a hands-on, working knowledge of digital services and library download services on various devices and be comfortable showing and promoting these services
- Work independently and collaboratively on projects and programs
- Position may involve prolonged periods of sitting and lifting of up to 25 lbs.
- Other duties as assigned
Qualifications & Experience Required:
- MLS or MLIS degree or completion of 6 credits towards an MLS or MLIS degree from ALA an accredited institution
- For Librarian-NYS Public Librarian’s Professional Certificate required at time of employment
- Experience working with children required (birth – 6th grade)
Schedule: Part Time- includes Nights and Saturdays. Sundays as needed.
Salary Range: Per Hour: $27.00-$40.00 Librarian/ $20.00-$26.00 Trainee
This is a Union position and is non-civil service.
We are a participating employer in the New York State & Local Retirement System.
The salary of the finalist selected for this role will be based on a variety of factors, including but not limited to departmental budgets, qualifications, experience, education, licenses, longevity, specialty and training.
Reply with resume, cover letter, completed GNL employment application (found here - https://greatnecklibrary.org/employment/)
and references by November 30, 2023
Great Neck Library
159 Bayview Ave.
Great Neck, NY 11023
No Phone Calls Please. The Great Neck Library is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
LocationGreat Neck, New York
Application URL or Email
Submit specified application materials to email@example.com.