PART TIME- LIBRARIAN or TRAINEE @ STEM LAB
Great Neck Library
Job posted to this site on July 21st at 10:45am
Application Deadline: August 12th 2022
The Great Neck Library is seeking an energetic, highly motivated part-time librarian/trainee who believes in providing excellent customer service. The successful candidate must be friendly, hard-working and knowledgeable in STEM, digital services, video gaming, reference, and reader’s advisory. Must have a flexible schedule and be able to work well under pressure.
Duties and Responsibilities include:
- Ability to work with all age groups
- Ability to provide reference, research and reader’s advisory service in a busy 4 location library system;
- A hands-on, working knowledge of digital services and library download services on various devices and be comfortable showing and promoting these services
- Desire to work as a team member and collaborate with co-workers on projects and programs as well as develop and conduct innovative STEM programs for all age groups
- Position may involve prolong periods of sitting and lifting of up to 25 lbs.
- Other duties as assigned
Qualifications & Experience Required:
- MLS or MLIS from ALA accredited institution or completion of 12 credits towards the degree
- For Librarians-New York State Public Librarian’s Professional Certificate required at time of employment
25 hours/week, includes Saturdays. Sundays as needed
Starting Salary Range:
Part Time: $25.90 per hour Librarian/$22.07 per Trainee
This is a Union position and is non-civil service.
Reply with resume, cover letter, and references by August 12, 2022:
Great Neck Library
159 Bayview Ave.
Great Neck, NY 11023
No Phone Calls Please
The Great Neck Library is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Application URL or Email
Submit specified application materials to email@example.com.