Part Time Librarian or Trainee Reference Department
Great Neck Library
Job posted to this site on March 7th at 4:22pm
Application Deadline: March 22nd 2023
The Great Neck Library is a multi-branch system seeking an energetic, detail oriented, service driven Librarian/Trainee in the Reference Department for a very active, culturally diverse library system in a highly educated community. The successful candidate will assist patrons in finding books, other materials, and information both on-line and in print, reader’s advisory, digital services, collection development and adult programming. Excellent interpersonal, communication and professional skills are a must.
Duties and Responsibilities include:
- Database searching, computer assistance, resource selection and collection development, book discussions and book displays.
- Position may involve prolong periods of sitting and lifting of up to 25 lbs.
- Other duties as assigned
Qualifications & Experience Required:
- Knowledge of First Search, Microsoft Word and Excel preferred
- MLS or MLIS from ALA accredited institution or completion of 12 credits towards the degree
- For Librarians-New York State Public Librarian’s Professional Certificate required at time of employment
Schedule: Part Time -Includes Days, Nights and Saturdays. Sundays as needed.
Starting Salary Range: Part Time: $27.00 per hour Librarian; Trainee $22.00 per hour
This is a Union position and is non-civil service.
Reply with resume, cover letter, completed GNL employment application (found here - https://greatnecklibrary.org/employment/)
and references by March 22, 2023
Great Neck Library
159 Bayview Ave.
Great Neck, NY 11023
No Phone Calls Please
The Great Neck Library is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
LocationGreat Neck, New York
Application URL or Email
Submit specified application materials to email@example.com.