OER and Research Librarian (part-time, approximately 15-18 hours/week)
Borough of Manhattan Community College (through RF CUNY)
Job posted to this site on November 11th at 10:32am
Application Deadline: December 12th 2022
The A. Philip Randolph Memorial Library at the Borough of Manhattan Community College (BMCC) seeks a creative and motivated professional for the position of part-time OER and Research Librarian. This position will support a 2 ½ year IMLS-funded grant project, College Fluency Capacity Building, and include OER, instruction, and reference responsibilities. The ideal candidate will be someone who:
- has strong writing and research skills,
- is familiar with OER and open pedagogy,
- has experience providing library instruction both in-person and online (or other teaching experience) and reference both in-person and online,
- shares the College’s and Library’s commitment to social justice, anti-racism work, and inclusive pedagogy,
- is able to work successfully in a collaborative environment.
Borough of Manhattan Community College (BMCC) is a vibrant, pluralistic learning community committed to the intellectual and personal growth of students. With enrollment of 21,000 students, BMCC is the largest of the 24 institutions comprising The City University of New York (CUNY). BMCC prides itself on the diversity of our students: over 41% are Hispanic, 30% are Black or African American, over 30% were born outside the US, and they represent more than 160 countries of origin with over 115 languages spoken. We are an inclusive community that promotes an atmosphere of mutual respect of each member’s ethnicity, gender, age, disability, religion, political preference, sexual orientation, gender identity and national origin, among other personal characteristics. Collectively we share a belief in the transformative power of education to further the intellectual, economic, and social vitality of individuals and communities—and in the role of community colleges in advancing equity and social justice. BMCC’s motto speaks to this common sense of purpose and possibility: Start Here, Go Anywhere. As we strive to make BMCC the very best it can be—a leading community college nationwide—we are dedicated to building a diverse and talented faculty that is committed to excellence in teaching, scholarship, and service within our multicultural and international environment.
This position includes both in-person and remote work. Please note the COVID 19 vaccine is mandated for faculty who work on campus. For more information please see: https://www.cuny.edu/coronavirus/faculty-and-staff-vaccination-faq/#req-1
This is a grant-funded part-time position (15-18 hours/week) hired and paid through Research Foundation of CUNY (RF CUNY). The grant period runs August 1, 2022 – January 31, 2025.
- Candidates must have earned a Master’s in Library Science (MLS) or Master’s in Library and Information Science (MLIS) from an ALA-accredited program or equivalent accreditation if degree is from outside the U.S.
- Library school students are invited to apply if they have acquired at least 12 credits and have reference and instruction experience
- Excellent communication skills, including demonstrated cross-cultural competency in communications with diverse groups of students and colleagues.
- Schedule is flexible and may include both on-campus and remote work
- Experience working in an academic library
- Demonstrated ability to work as part of a team of diverse individuals.
- Must have a strong service orientation, and the ability to interact positively with students and colleagues in the Library, the College, and the University.
- Demonstrated commitment to participating in and building an anti-racist, inclusive, equitable and diverse campus community.
HOW TO APPLY
Please send a cover letter, resume, and brief writing sample to jean amaral, open knowledge librarian (firstname.lastname@example.org). The position is open until filled, and resumes will be reviewed on a rolling basis.
Application URL or Email
Submit specified application materials to email@example.com.