Job posted to this site on August 31st at 10:26am
LAC Group seeks candidates for a Part-Time Virtual News Researcher position for a prestigious news and media company headquartered in New York with 24/7 operations. This position will be responsible for providing news research (background/location check, politics, business, etc.) utilizing several research databases. This position is 8-16 hours per week and will include Sundays from 10 AM – 6 PM ET as well as potentially one additional weekday (afternoon or evening) and other times when urgent assignments and breaking news situations demand.
- Provide accurate, concise, and timely responses to inquiries on a wide range of topics including politics; government; business and finance; health; entertainment; and other areas.
- Conduct research across online news databases, public records databases, and other specialized internal and external resources.
- Compile and organize information into coherent, focused responses for the end-user/requestor.
- Master’s Degree in Library & Information Science with at least 3+ years of related research experience are strongly preferred
- Experience utilizing a variety of research databases such as Lexis, Factiva, Capital IQ, etc.
- Sound judgment in identifying and applying authoritative sources for news research
- Demonstrable awareness of and interest in domestic and international current events
- Familiarity with vital documents and federal, state and local court records
- Experienced internet searcher; familiar with multiple browsers and search engines
- Experience with MS Office applications including Word and Outlook
This is a remote Job Offer