Manager of Circulation Services
Rochester Institute of Technology
Job posted to this site on July 13th at 1:45pm
Application Deadline: August 2nd 2022
RIT Libraries seeks a forward thinking, customer focused Manager of Circulation Services to join our Access Services team. Student success is the cornerstone of our work and student employees form the backbone of Circulation Services. We foster a supportive and inclusive culture through mentoring and celebrating student achievements.
Successful candidates will thrive in a collaborative environment and have a passion for working with young adults. The Manager will work collaboratively to lead the development, assessment, and improvement of Circulation Services. The Manager will serve on the library’s leadership team, contributing to the development of RIT Libraries strategic priorities. They will lead Circulation Services and supervise a team of 2 full-time staff and 8 student supervisors.
Circulation staff work closely with colleagues in the Information Delivery Services Department as part of the Access Services team to support circulation, reserves, stacks management, and interlibrary loan services. RIT Libraries serve a diverse student body, including a large population of Deaf/Hard of Hearing students and faculty. The successful candidate will be encouraged to take advantage of opportunities to learn American Sign Language.
Apply on RIT's Career Zone website. Application review will begin on August 1, 2022.
- Leads Circulation Services including the circulation, collection management, and reserves functions of Access Services.
- Establishes and documents policies and procedures related to circulation.
- Ensures, through staff and student employees, an excellent customer experience for all patrons.
- Leads the continuous improvement of circulation services through assessment and service evaluation.
- Participates in library-wide strategic planning in support of the mission of RIT Libraries.
- Participates in cross functional teams to promote collaboration between circulation services and other library departments.
Required Minimum Qualifications
- 3 years in customer service
- 1 year of supervisory experience
- Demonstrated project management skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent collaboration skills
- Experience working with diverse populations
Preferred Education or Experience
- Demonstrated experience providing access and user services in a library, preferably an academic library
- Familiarity with an integrated library system, especially its circulation functions.
- Experience supervising young adults
- Familiarity with spreadsheet software, such as Microsoft Excel
- Master’s Degree (Library science or related field)
- Evening and weekend work may be required.
About the Library
During the summer of 2023, RIT Libraries will be moving its circulating collection back into a renovated Wallace Library. The Manager of Circulation Services will be a vital part of the team overseeing the movement of this collection into the renovated spaces. The circulation desk in the renovated library will be a primary service point for a multi-building complex, and circulation services staff must have a strong focus on customer service.
The hiring process for this position may require a criminal background check and/or motor vehicle records check. Any verbal or written offer made is contingent on satisfactory results, as determined by Human Resources. RIT does not discriminate. RIT promotes and values diversity, pluralism and inclusion in the workplace. RIT provides equal opportunity to all qualified individuals and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, age, marital status, sex, gender, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, veteran status or disability in its hiring, admissions, educational programs and activities. RIT provides reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities under the Rehabilitation Act, the Americans with Disabilities Act, the New York Human Rights Law, or similar applicable law. If you need reasonable accommodation for any part of the application and hiring process, and you wish to discuss potential accommodations related to your application for employment at RIT, please contact the Human Resources office at 585-475-2424 or email your request to Careers@rit.edu.
As a member of the RIT community employees receive a well-balanced benefits package that offers a variety of choices and access to additional employment advantages. These benefits, combined with an employee’s pay, provide a total compensation package that can be tailored to meet your needs. More on RIT’s Benefits, Health & Wellness program can be found at: https://www.rit.edu/fa/humanresources/content/benefits-health-and-wellness
RIT does not discriminate. RIT is an equal opportunity employer that promotes and values diversity, pluralism, and inclusion. For more information or inquiries, please visit Diversity at RIT or the U.S. Department of Education at ED.Gov
Founded in 1829, Rochester Institute of Technology is a diverse and collaborative community of engaged, socially conscious, and intellectually curious minds. Through creativity and innovation, and an intentional blending of technology, the arts and design, we provide exceptional individuals with a wide range of academic opportunities, including a leading research program and an internationally recognized education for deaf and hard-of-hearing students. Beyond our main campus in Rochester, New York, RIT has international campuses in China, Croatia, Dubai, and Kosovo. And with more than 19,000 students and more than 135,000 graduates from all 50 states and over 100 nations, RIT is driving progress in industries and communities around the world. Find out more at rit.edu.
LocationRochester Institute of Technology, 1, Lomb Memorial Drive, Rochester, Monroe County, New York, 14623, United States
$50,000 - $80,000 yearly