Library Services Associate Director of Assessment and Data Analysis
Job posted to this site on May 23rd at 10:03am
Application Deadline: June 23rd 2022
The Library Services Associate Director of Assessment and Data Analysis (State title: Instructional Support Specialist) will design and lead a program to conduct both ongoing and targeted analysis of services, collections, and educational effectiveness, of the Office of Library and Information Services (OLIS) portfolio which includes, the SUNY Library Services, the OER Services, and the Open Access Repository program.
This position reports directly to the Senior Library Strategist in the SUNY Office of Library and Information Services and will provide leadership for the design and coordination of a program of assessment to optimize decision making, service provision, library-led education, stakeholder satisfaction, and strategic priorities within SUNY libraries and the campuses they serve. The incumbent will lead, design, and participate in the collection, analysis, and documentation of quantitative and qualitative assessment data to support informed, data-driven decisions about services and priorities.
- Support targeted decision making concerning the acquisition, licensing, renewal, retention, and use of library and shared collections.
- Employ a consultative, strategic approach with colleagues, campuses and their libraries to foster a culture of assessment and effectiveness that meets system-wide goals for student and faculty success.
- Utilize structured research methods to gather library input on strategic directions for OLIS services and programs.
- Collaboratively work with colleagues in SUNY OLIS to leverage existing data and determine additional data collection needs.
- In consultation with diverse groups across SUNY, provide assessment support to help evaluate and develop a culture of inclusivity in SUNY Libraries.
- In partnership with the Open Education Research Lab at UB or other partners internal and external to SUNY, conduct analysis of the overall effectiveness of the OER Services program.
- Provide methodology and tools for implementing assessment at the individual library, university, and system-wide levels.
- Participate in dissemination activities, such as papers, presentations, and reports.
- Extract raw data, import data into data visualization software, evaluate the integrity of data, conduct data clean-up projects, and support data-driven collections assessment activities.
- Provide periodic updates of assessment indicators demonstrating trends and library impact on the teaching, learning, and research activities of libraries across SUNY.
- Coordinate and/or perform special projects and perform other duties as needed.
This is a remote Job Offer
$75,000 - $85,000 yearly