Library Relations Manager
Job posted to this site on January 12th at 9:15pm
Join PLI and represent the legal community’s premier provider of continuing education and research services as a Library Relations Manager in our New York office. Work in a collaborative environment that prides itself on a genuine commitment to a work-life balance (3+ weeks of vacation days and hybrid remote/in-person schedules for most roles!). Grow your career in this customer facing role and help us to maintain relationships within the library community and promote customer retention for PLI Press products including PLI PLUS, our award-winning research database.
For more than 80 years, PLI has served the legal community with innovative products and quality programming, building a sterling reputation spanning the country.
- Customer relations and outreach for Law Firm, Law School, Government, and Corporate customers
- Serve as primary account manager for some law school and special accounts
- Work to ensure account retention for PLI PLUS
- Provide PLI PLUS training through web conference and onsite visits
- Attend industry events and conferences to promote PLI and bring back knowledge and insight
- Support sales and marketing initiatives to promote PLI products
- Support the development of PLI PLUS products by providing customer feedback and market insights
- Create and update documentation to support PLI PLUS customers
- Manage print and PLI PLUS subscriptions
- Perform other related tasks as requested by supervisor
- Travel is required
- Other duties, as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS
- Advanced Academic Credentials required, MLS preferred or comparable experience
- 1-2 years of experience relevant to library science and/or customer relations required
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, including public presentation skills
- Attention to detail and strong organizational skills
- Excellent time management skills
- Ability to plan and effectively manage multiple projects
- Ability to meet deadlines and work professionally under pressure
- Effective decision making
- Experience in law libraries, law schools, or the publishing industry preferred
Your benefits at PLI
PLI offers a generous benefits package and is committed to creating an interesting, collegial, and supportive work environment:
- Medical, dental and vision plans for employees and their families
- Generous employer contribution to employee retirement savings account
- Ample paid time off and holidays, summer Fridays
- Flexible hybrid remote/in-person scheduling for most roles
- Unlimited access to LinkedIn Learning web-based training along with other career development opportunities
- Work-life balance initiatives
Practising Law Institute (“PLI”) is a nonprofit learning organization dedicated to keeping attorneys and professionals at the forefront of knowledge and expertise, as well as preparing them to fulfill their pro bono responsibilities.
Chartered by the Regents of the University of the State of New York, PLI was founded in 1933 by Harold P. Seligson. The organization provides the highest quality, accredited, continuing legal and professional education programs in a variety of formats. PLI publishes a comprehensive library of Treatises, Course Handbooks, Answer Books and Journals also available through the PLI PLUS online platform. The essence of PLI’s mission is its commitment to the pro bono community.
Only those applicants who meet our requirements for this position will be contacted.
Practising Law Institute is an equal opportunity employer. More information about PLI may be found on our website www.pli.edu.