Library Director II – Mount Kisco Public Library
Mount Kisco Public Library
Job posted to this site on June 7th at 3:11pm
Application Deadline: June 22nd 2022
The Board of Trustees of the Mount Kisco Public Library is searching for a dynamic, creative, inspiring leader to serve as the Library Director.
We are looking for someone who has:
- A heart for mentorship, especially of our 30 dedicated library staff members. Who models success as a leader, and helps others grow through challenges and receive due recognition for their successes.
- A mind for strategic renewal, continuing the library’s efforts in fundraising, facilities, programming, technology, and collections management in both the short and long term.
- A spirit of creativity and new ideas, where input is valued, and feedback welcomed; regularly proposing solutions when problems arise.
- A record of success securing grants, launching Friends organizations, and collaborating with volunteer board members to grow the library’s impact on the community.
- A steward of fiscal responsibility – managing a budget of $2M+ (10% of the town’s total tax roll) and a modern library building to best serve the community.
- A strong communicator, who thrives on patron interaction, community engagement, and building private-public partnerships.
This municipal library, located in the suburbs of New York City, serves a diverse population of 13,000 residents through programming, services, and collections to both educate and entertain. The library is the center of our town, situated next to Village Hall and only a one-hour train ride from New York City.
The Library Director will be an employee of the Village/Town of Mount Kisco and a civil service employee reporting to a 7-person library board. The salary range is $95,000 to $105,000, depending on experience.
- A Master’s Degree in Library and Information Science from an ALA-accredited library school
- New York State Public Librarian's Professional Certificate
- Four (4) years of professional library experience, at least one year of which must have been in a supervisory or administrative capacity
Appointment will be provisional and appointee will have to sit for and pass the Library Director II civil service exam when it is next offered, in order to be eligible for probationary appointment once the eligible list has been established..
To apply please send a cover letter, resume and three professional references to Board President Maria Ciccone at email@example.com no later than June 22, 2022.
Location100 East Main Street, Mount Kisco, NY 10549
$95,000 - $105,000 yearly
Application URL or Email
Submit specified application materials to firstname.lastname@example.org.