Catskill Public Library
Job posted to this site on November 14th at 10:05am
Application Deadline: January 31st 2024
The Catskill Public Library, with its branch in Palenville, is seeking a dynamic and visionary director to realize the full potential of our libraries.
Our central library is housed in a 1901 Carnegie Building in the historic Village of Catskill, home to the Thomas Cole National Historic Site, Beattie Powers Place, Rip Van Winkle Bridge, Hudson Valley Skywalk, and a lively arts and culture scene. The Village offers public waterfront on both the Hudson River and Catskill Creek, and easy access to both Amtrak and the NYS Thruway. Our Palenville Branch is located in picturesque Palenville, NY, known for being the first art colony in the USA. Nestled at the base of Hunter Mountain, the small red library is known for its busy, happy programming and is visited regularly by many from surrounding communities. Between the two buildings, the library employs 15 people.
We are a School District Public Library that is fortunate to have a supportive community.
The population of the school district is 11,591, and the 2024 annual operating budget is $1,056,481.
The six-member board is seeking to implement a long-range plan with community input, and we are looking for a Library Director who brings energy and commitment to this task.
Minimum Qualifications for this position include:
- Master’s degree from an ALA accredited institution
- Eligibility for a New York State public librarian’s professional certificate, with possession of a certificate at time of appointment
- 5 years of increasing responsibility at a library
- 3 years of supervisory experience
- Excellent communication skills and strong interpersonal skills
- Comfort with emerging technologies
- The incumbent must be able to move through the Library, including its lower and upper floors which are accessible by stairs.
- The incumbent may also need to travel and attend events on behalf of the library.
Salary: $73,000 to $76,000 with benefits.
This is a provisional Civil Service Position. Applicants are encouraged to visit the Catskill Public Library/ Palenville Branch Library website for more information about the position and our award winning library.
Interested candidates should submit a cover letter describing their experience, a resume, and at least two professional references including contact information to:
Gil Bagnell, Board President
Applications will be accepted until filled.
$73,000 - $76,000 yearly
Application URL or Email
Submit specified application materials to email@example.com.