Library and Archives Reference Assistant
Job posted to this site on October 6th at 2:34pm
The Center for Puerto Rican Studies is looking for library students and recent graduates
- Assist library and archives patrons with simple reference questions, use of microfilm readers, computers, databases, and media equipment.
- Locate books, journals and other library and archival materials for patrons.
- Shelve books and other library materials. • Works on special projects.
- Monitors reference desk telephone, email account, and online chat.
- Assisting with researchers needs (retrieving materials, photocopying documents requests, etc.)
• Interest in Puerto Rican and Latino/Latin American History.
• Minimum: Current or recent undergraduate status.
• Knowledge of computer software (Microsoft Word, Excel, Adobe products).
• Strong organization and time-management skills; attention to accuracy and detail is essential.
• Working knowledge of Spanish desirable.
• Willing and eager to learn new skills and working with a diverse group of people.
• Ability to work independently, exercise sound judgment, make constructive recommendations, interpret,
and apply policies and procedures, and perform work in various situations where numerous and diverse
demands are involved.
How to Apply
Submit specified application materials to email@example.com.