Job posted to this site on November 16th at 3:29pm
Application Deadline: November 20th 2023
Manage a library collection, delivery of its services, and programs and daily maintenance of operations.
- Manage a Library collection including selection, organization, preservation, and retention of college-level materials in a variety of field and formats.
- Provide reference and bibliographic services including instruction and assistance in the use of library resources and services, and direction in locating information and utilizing resources and services available on and off campus
- Development of bibliographies and other reference aids and the performance of online searches when appropriate.
- Participate in Library orientation and out-reach programs including the presentation of workshops and seminars, the design of instructional materials and exhibits, and contribution to library publications.
- Supervise the daily operations of a library including personnel facilities and collection maintenance, materials receipt and reconciliation, and record keeping and tabulation.
- Librarians must make every effort to make sure the library atmosphere should be one of cooperation civility and collegiality.
- Perform other duties as assigned and contribute to the overall efficiency of the library
Education Preparation and Training
- Masters of Library Science
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, & Outlook
- Some knowledge of Hebrew
- Knowledge of bibliographic database searching
- Strong customer service and organizational skills
- Must be able to multi-task and prioritize work
- Extensive Use of Computers
- Extensive time sitting and standing
- Able to lift up to 10 lbs.
Touro University offers a comprehensive benefits package for full-time employees which includes:
- Full range of Health Plans
- Medical Plans (choice of EPO, PPO, High Deductible HSA)
- Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA)
- Dental Plans (PPO & HMO) and Vision Plan
- Dependent Care and Transit Programs
- Life Insurance, AD&D and Voluntary Supplemental Life Insurance
- Short-term and Long-term disability programs
- Retirement Plan (403b) - matching contribution up to 5% for eligible/enrolled employees following one year of employment (may make own pre-tax contributions immediately following employment)
- Touro University Tuition Exemption Program for eligible employees, their spouse and dependent children
- Employee Assistance Program
- Early-Release Fridays (upon approval)
- Generous Paid Time Off
- Vacation, Sick Leave, Personal Leave & Floating Holiday
- Annual Holiday Schedule
All campuses of the Touro University unite to promote our core values of Respect, Integrity, and Ethics. As an international institution with diverse and talented faculty and staff, we value an inclusive learning experience where students and employees come first.
Touro University is an equal opportunity employer. Touro University treats all employees, job applicants, and students without unlawful consideration of race, ethnicity, religious creed, color, national origin, ancestry, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth or related medical condition), age, disability, medical condition, marital status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, military service or veteran status, citizenship status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state or local laws. We are committed to ensuring the fulfillment of this policy in all decisions, including but not limited to, recruitment, the administration of educational programs and activities, hiring, compensation, training and apprenticeship, placement, promotion, upgrading, demotion, downgrading, transfer, layoff, suspension, expulsion and termination, and all other terms and conditions of admission, matriculation, and employment.
Inquiries or complaints concerning the non-discrimination policies should be sent to Nicole Barnett, 50 West 47th Street, 12th Floor, New York, New York, 10036, email@example.com (646-565-6285) or, alternatively, to the Chief Compliance Officer at firstname.lastname@example.org and 646-565-6000 x55330.
$44,003 - $55,005 yearly