Job posted to this site on May 4th at 7:35am
Application Deadline: June 2nd 2022
Assist in the delivery of library services and programs and daily maintenance operations.
- Provide reference and bibliographic services including instruction and assistance in the use of library resources and services and direction in locating information and utilizing resources and services available on and off campus.
- Development of bibliographies and other reference aids and the performance of online searches when appropriate.
- Participate in Library orientation and out-reach programs including the presentation of workshops and seminars, the design of instructional materials and exhibits, and contribution to library publications.
- Supervise the daily operations of a library including personnel, facilities, and collection maintenance, materials receipt and reconciliation, and record keeping and tabulation.
- Librarians must make every effort to make sure the library atmosphere should be one of cooperation, civility, and collegiality.
- Perform other duties as assigned and contribute to the overall efficiency of the library
- Master of Library Science
Knowledge/ Skills/ Abilities
- Customer service and team orientated required
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite including Word, Excel, Power Point, Outlook required
- Demonstrated ability to develop positive and cooperative relationships with students, faculty, and colleagues required
- Knowledge of bibliographic database searching
- Strong customer service and organizational skills
- Must be able to multi-task and prioritize work
- Able to lift up to 10 lbs.
Touro College is an equal opportunity employer. Touro College treats all employees, job applicants, and students without unlawful consideration of race, religious creed, color, national origin, ancestry, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth or related medical condition), age, disability, medical condition, marital status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, military service or veteran status, citizenship status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state or local laws. We are committed to ensuring the fulfillment of this policy in all decisions, including but not limited to, recruitment, the administration of educational programs and activities, hiring, compensation, training and apprenticeship, placement, promotion, upgrading, demotion, downgrading, transfer, layoff, suspension, expulsion and termination, and all other terms and conditions of admission, matriculation, and employment.
$45,000 - $49,990 yearly