Junior Systems Administrator
Westchester Library System
Job posted to this site on March 8th at 10:45am
Application Deadline: April 8th 2023
The Junior Systems Administrator’s role is to deliver support to end users in the organization in their use of various types of software programs to efficiently and effectively fulfill business objectives. Junior systems administrators complete support tasks for hardware devices and software packages, assist with installations and configurations, and revise existing documentation guidelines. Other main functions include, but are not limited to, providing training for other IT staff members, answering technology questions as needed.
They assist other IT staff when deploying new software and upgrading existing installations. Junior systems administrators work with other staff to minimize downtime and prevent data corruption. They also provide remote support and escalate issues to supervisors as needed. The Junior Systems Administrator will work directly with the Director of IT to ensure all projects are progressing in a timely manner.
Summary of Essential Job Functions
- Provide Level 1 and 2 troubleshooting and support to end users and resolve hardware, software and application issues within servers, and workstations dealing with networking and infrastructure issues. Escalate as necessary.
- Facilitate the implementation of new technologies within the organization.
- Perform network administration in conjunction with other team members to keep the network infrastructure current.
- Test fixes and perform post-resolution follow-up to ensure issues have been adequately resolved.
- Oversee and maintain the virtualized infrastructure.
- Research, evaluate and test software applications and services under development or consideration for purchase.
- Analyze system, server, application, and input/output device performance.
- Apply diagnostic utilities to aid in troubleshooting.
- Perform preventative maintenance, including the installation of service packs, patches, hot fixes, and other associated software.
- Related duties as required.
- Adhere to deadlines, monitor, and summarize progress of projects as assigned.
- College diploma or university degree in the field of computer science, information systems, or 3 years equivalent work experience.
- Broad knowledge of Network Administration. Experience, working with SonicWALL or Cisco devices preferred.
- Basic understanding of virtualized infrastructure systems and services, preferably VMware or Nutanix.
- Ability to develop and interpret technical documentation for training and end user procedures.
- Knowledge of trends in technology relating to software applications.
- Proficient understanding of the organization’s goals and objectives.
- Excellent written, oral, interpersonal, and presentational skills.
- Ability to conduct research into software development and delivery concepts, as well as technical application issues.
- Ability to present ideas in business-friendly and user-friendly language.
- Highly self-motivated and directed.
- Ability to absorb new ideas and concepts quickly.
- Proficient analytical and problem-solving abilities.
- Strong customer service orientation.
- Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
- Availability to work a flexible schedule as required.
- Sitting for extended periods of time.
- Dexterity of hands and fingers to operate a computer and other equipment.
- Lifting and transporting of moderately heavy objects (up to 50lbs.).
Interested candidates should send a cover letter and resume to email@example.com with "Junior Systems Administrator" included in the subject line of the email.
The Westchester Library System (WLS) is a state-chartered, cooperative library system serving all 38 Westchester member public libraries and the county's citizens. As one of the 23 public library systems serving New York State's public libraries, the Westchester Library System was established in 1958. The mission of Westchester Library System (WLS) is to empower lives and communities by connecting people in Westchester County with the resources, services and programs available through WLS and the member libraries.
The Westchester Library System is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
LocationWestchester Library System, 570 Taxter Road – Suite 400, Elmsford, NY 10523
$70,000 - $80,000 yearly
Application URL or Email
Submit specified application materials to firstname.lastname@example.org.