Interlibrary Loan Technical Assistant
St. John's University
Job posted to this site on May 10th at 12:51pm
Application Deadline: May 31st 2022
Under the supervision of the Interlibrary Loan (ILL) Librarian, performs library work related to interlibrary borrowing and lending. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the day-to-day processing of materials using ILLiad software or other related software and OCLC Discovery within the Interlibrary Loan (ILL) Department. Completes other department projects as assigned. May be responsible for supervision of student workers.
- Uses Illiad Resource Sharing Management software (or it's equivalent) to process all aspects of interlibrary loan requests for lending and borrowing.
- Responds to ILL injuries.
- Performs searches for materials in an integrated library system and correctly interprets bibliographic data.
- Finds and retrieves books, periodicals and other materials using the Library of Congress Classification System.
- Scans documents for electronic delivery.
- Packs and labels ILL items, and carries outgoing packages to mailboxes.
- Inputs data into Deluxe online delivery system for mail items shipping via Deluxe (courier system).
- Processes incoming materials by generating appropriate slips and labels and notifying customer of loan arrival.
- Monitors department email and voicemail and responds promptly to communications.
- Communicates with borrowers and lenders as needed to ensure correct and timely interlibrary loan processing.
- Assists library patrons as needed.
- Participates in hiring and training of student assistants and provides daily supervision.
- Prepares interlibrary loan invoices for payment and maintains records.
- Assists in the development and maintenance of policies and procedures documentation for staff and student workers.
- Performs other work as needed.
LocationSt. John's University Queens Campus 8000 Utopia Parkway Jamaica, NY 11439