Interlibrary Loan Manager
Job posted to this site on December 17th at 2:21pm
Application Deadline: January 17th 2022
Manhattanville College is an independent, coeducational, liberal arts college located about 30 miles north of New York City on a picturesque campus of 100 acres. The College enrolls a nationally and internationally diverse student body of approximately 2,500 undergraduate and graduate students with over 40% of our students coming from historically underrepresented populations. Building on its heritage of social justice and social activism, the College prepares students through rigorous academic and co-curricular programs, for ethical and socially responsible leadership in a global community. We achieve this through integrated learning that combines classroom rigor with experiential opportunities, leadership with service, intimate attention with global reach, progressive change with enduring values, and social commitment with ethical responsibility. The College is fully committed to an inclusive and culturally diverse faculty, staff and student community. We seek to recruit qualified and diverse candidates who will help us achieve our goal of creating an inclusive community that is welcoming to all people.
Manhattanville College is seeking an Interlibrary Loan Manager. The Interlibrary Loan Manager provides. The position reports to the Head of Collections and Technical Services.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Plan, manage, schedule, run, and evaluate Interlibrary Loan services
- Resolve technical and logistical issues affecting Interlibrary Loan transactions
- Negotiate Interlibrary Loan fines and fees
- Compile and report Interlibrary Loan statistics
- Hire, train, and manage 0.5 FTE student workers in Interlibrary Loan functions
- Support Collections Services functions, including Acquisitions and Cataloging.
- Work at the Library Services Desk as assigned, including opening and/or closing the Library.
- Additional duties as assigned.
The successful candidate will demonstrate the following key competencies:
- Customer Service orientation
- Mastery of contemporary office automation software
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Excellent written and oral communication
- Collaboration and Teamwork
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent
- Successful supervisory experience
- Experience with office automation technologies
- Ability to work a flexible schedule
- Academic Library experience
- Experience with Library software, including OCLC ILLiad and WMS
- Experience with digitization
Physical Demands/Other Requirements
This position requires persons to:
- Move loaded book carts
- Lift and carry boxes
- Bend and stretch to reach materials on shelves
Anticipated Start Date:
As soon as possible.
Manhattanville offers an excellent benefits package, including:
- Medical, Dental and Vision Coverage
- There are monthly employee contributions to these plans (amounts vary depending upon which option is chosen).
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Health Savings Account (with election of the high deductible health plan)
- Life, Accidental Death & Dismemberment, Long-Term Disability
- This is fully paid for by the college. Supplemental Life Insurance is also available with an additional cost.
- Employer paid confidential Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Generous Paid Time Off (PTO), including vacation, personal days and sick time
- 403(b) Plan through TIAA-CREF
- College contributes 3.5% of your salary when you contribute 2.5%.
- US Alliance Financial Credit Union Membership (optional)
- Paid Family Leave
- Tuition Remission (for classes at Manhattanville)
- Tuition Exchange Program (with other colleges/universities)
- Commuter Transit Benefit
For consideration, send cover letter and CV/resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
To insure consideration of your application, please return the questionnaire found in the link below. You must return the questionnaire, even if you choose not to answer the individual questions, for your application to be reviewed.
Manhattanville College is committed to equality of educational opportunity, and is an equal opportunity employer. The College does not discriminate against current or prospective students and employees on the basis of race, color, sex, national and ethnic origin, religion, age, disability, or any other legally protected characteristic. If you are unable to complete this application process due to a disability, contact Manhattanville Human Resources at email@example.com to ask for an accommodation or an alternative application process.
Promoting the health and safety of all of Manhattanville’s students, faculty and staff is of the utmost importance. To that end, the College will be requiring that all employees be vaccinated against COVID-19. Applications may be made for accommodations based on medical disability or sincerely held religious beliefs.
No salary information provided
Application URL or Email
Submit specified application materials to firstname.lastname@example.org.