Head of Circulation & Access
Maloney Library, Fordham Law School
Job posted to this site on September 2nd at 8:06am
The Maloney Library at Fordham Law School, located at Lincoln Center in New York City, seeks energetic and innovative applicants for the position of Head of Circulation and Access. We are looking for a professional with a public-service oriented attitude that is comfortable in a fast-paced work environment. The Head of Circulation and Access will join a dynamic library staff that provides the highest level of service and support to world-class faculty and students. The library staff collaborates across departments to offer unique library programming for the Fordham Law School community.
- Under the supervision of the Deputy Director:
- supervises full-time clerical, para-professional and part-time employees, including hiring, scheduling, and training;
- oversees & develops plans and projects relating to the primary print collection;
formulates and enforces rules and policies regarding circulation and access;
- sets and publicizes library opening hours and arranges for library staffing
- Manages the library system circulation module (Sierra), including maintenance, troubleshooting, and training;
- Monitors the physical state of the collections and library facilities and reports and arranges for resolution of issues;
- Along with Document Delivery, coordinates the physical delivery of library material to faculty offices;
- Manages the course reserve program and collection;
- Monitors and tracks patron usage of library facilities and the collection;
- Serves as a contact with Public Safety over security issues;
- Carries out social media policy and strategy;
- Contributes to planning and management of institutional repository projects;
- Contributes to planning and management of library public programming;
- Edits, evaluates, and generates content for website and maintains library digital signage;
- Participates in the library liaison program;
- Oversees the microform collection, including filing and the maintenance of viewing hardware; and
- Performs additional duties as assigned by the Deputy Director.
If the successful candidate has a J.D. then the following duties will be included:
- Teaches introductory legal research in a required first-year research course and may participate in teaching advanced legal research courses; and
- Acts as liaison to full-time tenured or tenure-track faculty members.
- M.L.S. or equivalent from an A.L.A. accredited library school;
- At least 2 years experience working in a circulation department;
- Experience using ILS systems, particularly circulation and reserves;
- Ability to successfully initiate, track and manage projects;
- Friendly, approachable, public service attitude;
- Ability to work cooperatively and maintain effective working relationships with colleagues, faculty, staff and students; and
- Excellent communications skills, both written and verbal.
- J.D. from an A.B.A. accredited law school or equivalent non-U.S. law degree;
- Supervisory experience including a record of successful management and development of staff
- Experience with or demonstrable interest in developing & managing digitization projects; and
- Familiarity with III Millennium/Sierra circulation module.
Send resume and cover letter to:
Todd Melnick, Director, Maloney Library, email@example.com
How to Apply
Submit specified application materials to firstname.lastname@example.org.