FT Librarian Programing and Community Engagement
Job posted to this site on September 21st at 11:46pm
Application Deadline: October 21st 2022
Full-Time Position Available Librarian, Programs & Community Engagement
The Nyack Library seeks a dynamic and inspired Adult Services Librarian for a full-time position. This position oversees adult programming and assists in communications and outreach. The successful candidate will be experienced and enthusiastic about event planning, marketing and publicity, and social media, in a public library setting. This position is for a 35-hour work week, including some evenings and weekends.
Required Education and Experience
- An MLS or MLIS degree from an accredited University
- Eligibility for NY State Public Librarian’s Certificate
- Experience in a library setting, preferably in a public library
- Experience planning, delivering, and assessing public programs and events
- Demonstrated fluency in the use of Microsoft Office, Google Suite, Canva, Adobe, virtual meeting software and audio-visual technology
Essential Functions and Skills
- Plans, delivers, and assesses Library programs, exhibits, and special events
Actively promotes services and programs, including community outreach and engagement
- Good judgment and ability to establish effective working relationships with a diverse community of patrons and staff
- Plans and manages Adult Programs budget in consultation with the supervisor
- Evaluates presenter proposals
- Provides Reference and Readers' Advisory services
- Vacation, holiday, medical, dental and NY State Retirement
- Library staff are represented by the Nyack Library Staff Association
- Base rate is $50,960 annually
Please send the application and resume to Tracy Dunstan at firstname.lastname@example.org. Posting open until filled.
Application URL or Email
Submit specified application materials to email@example.com.