Facilities Manager-Full Time
Great Neck Library
Job posted to this site on July 26th at 12:58pm
Application Deadline: August 16th 2022
The Great Neck Library is seeking an energetic individual to provide leadership and professional experience for the management and operations for all of the Great Neck Library locations. The successful candidate will be responsible for the management and oversight of operations for the four Great Neck Library facilities. Responsibilities include maintenance and repair of facilities, grounds maintenance, vehicle repair and maintenance, custodial services, construction project coordination and mechanical systems maintenance.
Duties and Responsibilities include:
- Manages, supervises and coordinates all custodial services repair and maintenance for four sites.
- Manage safety and emergency programs.
- Plan, direct and supervise maintenance employees.
- Oversee event set up
- Prepare work assignments and weekly schedules to assure appropriate level of coverage
- Prepare specifications and request for proposals.
- Assure landscape maintenance of facilities aligned with seasonal needs
- Assure timely repair and maintenance service delivery.
- Oversee operation of electrical, HVAC, and plumbing systems.
- Develop and implement preventive maintenance program for all systems and equipment.
- Monitor physical condition of all facilities to ensure proper operations and/or make improvements.
- Develop and maintain documented procedures and schedule for maintenance of all facilities.
- Maintain filing system for all warranties and vendor service contracts for the facilities department.
- Develop replacement plan for equipment, furniture and fixtures and maintenance needs and provide recommendations.
- Responsible for fleet replacement management, maintenance, repairs and inspection.
- Assist with Request for Proposals (RFPs).
- Prepare and manage facilities department annual budget.
- Manage safety and emergency program to ensure compliance with health, fire, building codes, hazardous waste disposal, ADA and OSHA regulations.
- Position involves standing, sitting, lifting, bending, reaching, stooping, climbing and shoveling
- May function as person-in-charge of the library on scheduled nights and weekends
- Other duties as assigned
Qualifications & Experience Required:
- Knowledge and operation of all electrical, HVAC and plumbing systems including current trends in the field.
- Knowledge of current compliance regulations.
- Preparation and understanding of scheduling needs
- Demonstrated ability and knowledge of landscaping design and maintenance
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite of products a plus.
- Associates degree in Engineering or related field, extensive experience may be substituted for degree.
- Valid Driver’s License with clean driving record is required.
Full time – 35 hours/week, includes one night plus Saturday rotation.
Sundays as needed. Available for 24 hr. emergency call by telephone and/or cell phone.
Starting Salary Range:
The minimum starting salary is $66,600+ commensurate with experience and qualifications plus
full benefit package. This is a Union Position and is non-civil service.
Reply with resume, cover letter, and references by August 16, 2022:
Great Neck Library
159 Bayview Ave.
Great Neck, NY 11023
No Phone Calls Please. The Great Neck Library is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Application URL or Email
Submit specified application materials to firstname.lastname@example.org.