Editor, Library Resources and Technical Services
Job posted to this site on November 22nd at 11:04am
Core: Leadership, Infrastructure, Futures, a division of the American Library Association, invites applications and nominations for the editor for Library Resources & Technical Services (LRTS), one of Core’s three scholarly research journals. The LRTS Editor will be appointed for a renewable three-year term ending June 30, 2024. The appointment includes an annual stipend of $1,500 and paid registration to attend the ALA Annual Conference. See https://journals.ala.org/index.php/lrts for more information about the journal.
- Solicits submissions and publicizes the contents of published issues of the journal
- Convenes meetings of the journal’s editorial board
- Collaborates with the editorial board to achieve a balance among the articles published to best represent the varied interests of all technical services professionals.
- Assigns submissions to board members for peer review
- Fields author inquiries
- Makes publication decisions regarding submissions
- Guides authors of accepted submissions through the publication process
- Serves on Core’s Publications Coordination Committee
- Provides an annual report to show number and type of submissions, acceptance rate, etc.
- A long-term goal will be to transition the journal from green OA to completely OA
- Must be a member of Core
- Demonstrated writing and editing expertise
- Experience with the peer review process
- Ability to meet deadlines
- Awareness of current technical services and collections research issues and trends, including efforts to create more diverse, equitable, and inclusive knowledge structures
- Knowledge of the professionals working in the areas of collections and technical services
- Knowledge of copyright ownership issues as provided by ALA
- Skills and professional standing to attract prospective authors
- Experience with electronic manuscript submission and management systems
- Knowledge of OA models
Interested applicants should submit a resume and cover letter with the names and contact information for three references, via email to Mary Beth Weber (email@example.com).
This is a remote Job Offer
How to Apply
Submit specified application materials to firstname.lastname@example.org.