Director of Library Services, Open and Digital Learning Assets
Empire State College
Job posted to this site on July 21st at 9:58am
Application Deadline: August 21st 2022
SUNY Empire State College seeks a Director of Library Services, Open and Digital Learning Assets to provide creative leadership in the college's efforts to become a national leader in teaching and learning by innovating digital library services, expanding the utilization of Open Education Resources (OER) on adaptive learning platforms, and leveraging digital academic content services. The Director (State Title: Staff Associate) will supervise the Empire State College Librarians and will be the campus leader in expanding the college's adoption of Open Educational Resources. The director will also be responsible for overseeing the library budget, access to digital collections and resources, associated technology systems, and enhancing the library's student-facing presence.
- Supervising library operations, budget, and personnel.
- Partner with stakeholders including academic deans, Academic Support, Empire Online, the Office of Collegewide Assessment, and the Center for Mentoring, Learning, and Academic Innovation, to incorporate digital learning resources and strengths into a robust ecosystem of teaching and learning, with a focus on data-driven practices.
- Provide leadership in the college's efforts to integrate emerging digital resources (e.g., Open Educational Resources) into instructional settings and to reduce overall reliance on traditional texts.
- Collaborate with deans and other members of the college's academic leadership to identify opportunities to participate in academic assessment processes in order to improve the student learning experience.
- Provide overall coordination of efforts to support and advance the use of contemporary teaching and learning methods and capture the output of learning in activities or areas such as digital humanities, gathering theses, dissertations, or final projects.
- Provide strategic direction for integration of information literacy into appropriate general education courses and academic programs.
- Coordinate reference and research support services.
- Contribute to faculty and student library support services using a variety of methods.
- Identify opportunities to work with SUNY System Administration, granting agencies, and other partners to develop innovative approaches to integrating the college learning experience with a rapidly changing global information environment.
- Master's Degree in Library Science or similar graduate degree in another field relevant to the duties of the position.
- 2-5 years' experience coordinating a relevant department or unit (library department, library, or faculty/student support services).
- At least 2 years' supervisory experience.
- Demonstrated experience working collaboratively with faculty, departments, or programs on major initiatives.
- Experience providing faculty or staff professional development experiences or programs.
- Demonstrated experience managing OER, adaptive learning platforms, or similar instructional technology.
- Experience teaching in an online or hybrid environment using OER, adaptive learning platforms, or similar instructional technology.
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience with curricular integration of innovative instructional approaches and/or integrating general education requirements such as information literacy.
- Demonstrated expertise and experience in assessing and analyzing programs or departments in a higher education setting.
- This position will be located at one of the SUNY Empire State College NY state regional locations.
- Occasional travel, night, and weekend hours will be required.
- VISA sponsorship is not available for this position.
This is a remote Job Offer