Director of Content Management
Stony Brook University
Job posted to this site on March 8th at 11:45am
Application Deadline: May 1st 2023
Director of Content Management
Location: Stony Brook University
Feb 28, 2023
Mar 29, 2023 at 11:59 PM Eastern Time
This is a tenure track position. 30 day internal/external posting.
Projected start date: July 3, 2023
Salary: $83,000-$86,000. In addition to annual salary, full-time employees will receive a location stipend. Currently the location stipend is $3,026 per year.
Responsibilities & Requirements
● Implement user-centered, holistic cataloging and metadata vision to meet current and
emerging information needs and new models of collection/content building and delivery.
● Establish policies, procedures, and priorities in cataloging and metadata services. Review
and evaluate workflows and assignments, with an eye toward increasing efficiencies.
● Ensure compliance with national and local standards such as MARC, RDA, LCSH, LCCS,
OCLC, LC cataloging practices, and other appropriate cataloging and metadata standards.
● Manage vendor arrangements for the outsourcing of cataloging and metadata work as
● Work with consortial partners, professional organizations to identify opportunities for
improving discovery and delivery of library content.
● Coordinate and implement bibliographic control policies and practices across the ILS,
discovery, and digital repository systems.
Reporting to the Associate Dean for Collection Strategy and Management, the Director of Content Management provides leadership, guidance, training and workflow management in a collaborative and diverse working environment. The Director of Content Management will be expected to participate in faculty activities such as research and scholarship, faculty governance, and professional activities consistent with University standards for promotion and tenure.
• MLS (Master of Library Science), MLIS (Master in Library and Information Science) or relevant advanced degree with a combination of education and experience commensurate with requirements of this position.
• At least three years of significant experience in cataloging or metadata services.
• Record of professional activities, including research and engagement in professional organizations.
• Experience in cataloging various formats such as special or distinctive collections, archival materials, maps, music and digital collections.
• Solid understanding of the research environment and scholarly communication issues.
• Experience in coordination or management of integrated library system functions.
• Experience with successful and creative project management.
• Strong working knowledge of RDA and MARC cataloging rules and conventions and non-MARC metadata schemas, familiarity with BIBFRAME and interest in new library applications such as linked open data.
• Demonstrated knowledge of emerging areas of library, data and information science.
To apply, visit https://apptrkr.com/3955814.
All application materials must be submitted online. Please use the Apply Now button to begin your application.
For technical support, please visit Interfolio's Support Site (https://support.interfolio.com/) or reach out to their Scholar Service Team at firstname.lastname@example.org or (877) 997-8807.
For questions regarding this position, please contact Pamela Di Pasquale at email@example.com.
SPECIAL NOTES: This is a tenure track position. Budget Title: Senior Assistant Librarian. Internal and external search to occur simultaneously. Anticipated start date: July 3, 2023. Application Procedure: Those interested in this position should submit a State Employment Application, application letter explaining your qualifications, relevant experience, and commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion, resume/CV and names and contact information for three references. Priority will be given to applications submitted prior to March 29, 2023.
THE FOLLOWING PARAGRAPH ONLY APPLIES TO POSITIONS THAT MAY COME IN CONTACT WITH PATIENTS OR PATIENT CARE EMPLOYEES.
In accordance with federal and state regulations that all hospitals and nursing homes require personnel to be vaccinated against COVID-19, candidates who are not already fully vaccinated must obtain the first dose of a COVID-19 vaccine within three (3) calendar days of acceptance of a conditional job offer and must obtain any subsequent doses in accordance with that particular vaccine manufacturer’s protocol. Candidates who are partially vaccinated, but not yet fully vaccinated, must complete their vaccination series within three (3) calendar days of a job offer or in accordance with that particular vaccine manufacturer’s protocol, whichever comes later.
The state regulation also includes those who may be affiliated with or interact with employees of a hospital or nursing home. The regulations allow for limited exemptions with reasonable accommodations, consistent with applicable law.
The selected candidate must successfully clear a background investigation.
In accordance with the Title II Crime Awareness and Security Act, a copy of our crime statistics is available upon request . It can also be viewed online at the University Police website athttp://www.stonybrook.edu/police.
About the Libraries
The University Libraries are an essential partner in Stony Brook University’s mission of global leadership in research, discovery, and learning, positioning ourselves as the hub of collaboration, digital innovation, open scholarship, and creativity. We provide the best possible access to a wide-range of resources in multiple formats and world-renowned special collections and actively contribute to student success and faculty productivity through teaching and research services in alignment with the University’s strategic priorities. The collection exceeds 1.8 million volumes, including e-books, print and electronic journals, digital collections, microforms, music recordings, a sizable map collection, and primary source documents. The Libraries include six distinct facilities, including Melville Library, Marine and Atmospheric Sciences, Chemistry, Math/Physics, Southampton, and the Health Sciences Library that together receive more than two million visits each year. As the largest academic research library on Long Island, the Libraries serve as a vital resource for regional and global communities.
The University Libraries play a key role in advancing the University’s commitment to furthering diversity, equity, inclusion, and accessibility in our spaces, collections, services, and outreach. We have a strong commitment to DEIA values in our hiring, training, and daily work practices where differences are acknowledged, respected, and celebrated. We welcome candidates who genuinely embrace the empathy, courage, self-reflection, and intentionality of a diverse and inclusive workplace to apply.
Stony Brook University is committed to excellence in diversity and the creation of an inclusive learning, and working environment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, pregnancy, familial status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, genetic information,veteran status and all other protected classes under federal or state laws.
Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
LocationStony Brook, NY
$83,000 - $86,000 yearly