Digital Scholarship Services Assistant (Part-Time)
The City College of New York
Job posted to this site on January 11th at 5:15pm
Application Deadline: February 11th 2022
Digital Scholarship Services (DSS) in the Cohen Library at The City College of New York works with faculty and staff to manage and publish digital assets for preservation, access, and dissemination. DSS provides support in the areas of CUNY’s institutional repository, Open Educational Resources (OER), Digital Asset Management, and Digital Exhibits.
Reporting to the Digital Scholarship Manager, the DSS Assistant position provides technical and designing support in creating digital exhibits with materials submitted by CCNY faculty and staff. This position works closely with the DSS staff and clients to conceptualize, create, and implement digital exhibits using the open source Omeka platform. The DSS Assistant also provides general assistance in department daily operations, as well as technical support in creating libguide, digital asset database, and webpage design on various platforms beyond Omeka.
- Assists DSS staff in building digital exhibit websites (Omeka) by providing technical input to plan, design, and implement Omeka sites based on individual design needs
- Maintains, updates, and troubleshoots existing digital exhibit websites
- Communicates with third-party vendors’ support staff to resolve technical issues
- Assists in maintaining and improving the discovery, usage, and preservation of digital assets
- Designs digital and printed materials such as brochures, event materials, PowerPoint slides, and other marketing collateral
- Performs various related duties as assigned
- Successful completion of some college coursework in Computer Graphics, Graphic Design, or Computer Programing
- Experience with HTML, CSS, PHP, and other coding languages highly desirable
- Working experience in web development on digital exhibits platform, particularly Omeka
- Familiarity with designing software, such as Adobe Photoshop, Lightroom, Acrobat, InDesign, etc.
- Familiarity with JSTOR Forum and/or other digital asset management platforms a plus
- Strong work ethic, attention to detail, and excellent customer service skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills; Ability to work collaboratively and independently
- Excellent written, oral, analytical, organizational, and problem-solving skills
Pay Rate: Based on qualifications and experience
Hours per week: 10-20 hours
Please email a cover letter and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include DSS Assistant Application in the subject line.
Location160 Convent Avenue, New York, NY 10031
No salary information provided
Application URL or Email
Submit specified application materials to email@example.com.