Digital Asset Metadata Management Librarian
Fordham University, Walsh Library
Job posted to this site on July 7th at 1:01pm
Application Deadline: August 8th 2022
- Manages the appropriate consistency of collection and item-level description and quality control across all digital collections.
- Consults with Fordham University stakeholders about best metadata practices, workflows and tools to facilitate research data management.
- Participates in library digital projects using CONTENTdm or other digital collections software. Keeps abreast of developments in electronic publishing
- Develops documentation for the creation and application of metadata and provide training and consultation to faculty and library staff.
- Provides leadership in the development and management of metadata curation and assessment
- Assists in the development of plans, practices, workflows and priorities with in the unit.
- Supervises and trains students and staff members working on metadata quality control and database management projects.
- Creates and maintains local documentation on metadata standards and application guidelines.
- Develops and provides training to university community regarding resource description and metadata management.
- Oversees the harvesting of the library’s digital collections for ingestion into larger initiatives (ATLA Digital Library, JSTOR, DPLA, etc.)
- Ensures copyright compliance on all of the library’s digital initiatives.
- Prepares grant proposals
- M.L.S. from an ALA accredited institution
- Experience in creating, editing and transforming metadata
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in technical services of an academic library
- In-depth knowledge of an integrated library system, Sirsi Symphony highly preferred.
- Experience using OCLC Connexion and CONTENTdm
- Working knowledge of a variety of resource description standards, formats and schemes including but not limited to RDA, Dublin Core, XML, BIBFRAME, MARC bibliographic and authority formats.
- Professional experience with non-MARC metadata standards.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with a strong commitment to teamwork.
- Aptitude for technology and a willingness to learn new systems, software and data manipulation tools.
- Experience in grant writing
LocationBronx, N. Y.