Contingent Part Time Levels Staff Position **
Great Neck Library
Job posted to this site on March 13th at 7:40am
Application Deadline: March 24th 2023
The Great Neck Library is seeking a creative, personable, experienced youth worker for our acclaimed Levels cultural arts center for ages 12-18. Levels features weekly classes, weekend events, art shows, theatre productions, as well as an art space with crafting materials and digital video and audio recording facilities for moviemaking, music and more.
**This position is currently a contingent permanent position, meaning that this position is left temporarily vacant by reason of a promotion. Full permanency of this position cannot be guaranteed. Should the permanent employee fail to complete the probationary period, such employee has the right to return to their previous position and displace the contingent employee.
Duties and Responsibilities include:
- Develop and implement innovative programs for teens
- Assist in running weekend events and other teen center activities
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively
- Demonstrated respect, sensitivity, and knowledge of cultural differences
- Plan and teach Levels workshops for teens in grades 7 and up
- Plan and teach Junior Levels workshops for 5th and 6th grade students
- Position may involve prolong periods of sitting and lifting of up to 25 lbs.
- Other duties as assigned
Qualifications & Experience Required:
- Master’s Degree preferred; Bachelor’s Degree required
- Experience in youth development and supervision preferred
- Experience in at least one of the visual and/or performing arts, or tech skills (STEM or Makerspace style)
Part Time – 12-18 hours/week, evening shifts, which could include
Mondays through Thursdays, 4:00 pm – 10:00 pm
(Alternating Fridays/Saturdays) -
Fridays, 3:00 pm – 12:00 am, Saturdays, 6:00 p.m. – 12:00 a.m.
Starting Salary Range:
$27.00/per hour commensurate with experience and qualifications.
This is a Union position and is non-civil service.
Reply with resume, cover letter, completed GNL employment application (found here - https://greatnecklibrary.org/employment/)
and references by March 24, 2023
Great Neck Library
159 Bayview Ave.
Great Neck, NY 11023
No Phone Calls Please. The Great Neck Library is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
LocationGreat Neck, New York
Application URL or Email
Submit specified application materials to email@example.com.