Contingent Librarian ** Children's Department @ Station
Great Neck Library
Job posted to this site on October 19th at 3:38pm
Application Deadline: November 1st 2022
Contingent Part Time LIBRARIAN ** Childrens Department @ Station
The Great Neck Library is seeking friendly, energetic, highly motivated part-time librarian to provide excellent customer service to children and parents. The successful candidate must be friendly, hard-working and knowledgeable about children’s literature, digital services and video gaming with ability to work a flexible schedule.
**This position is currently a contingent permanent position, meaning that this position is left temporarily vacant by reason of a promotion. Full permanency of this position cannot be guaranteed. Should the permanent employee fail to complete the probationary period, such employee has the right to return to their previous position and displace the contingent employee.
Duties and Responsibilities include:
- Provide reference, research and reader’s advisory service to parents and children in a busy four location library system
- Collection Development and Book Displays
- Possess a hands-on, working knowledge of digital services and library download services on various devices and be comfortable showing and promoting these services
- Work independently and collaboratively on projects and programs
- Position may involve prolong periods of sitting and lifting of up to 25 lbs.
- Other duties as assigned
Qualifications & Experience Required:
- MLS or MLIS from ALA accredited institution
- New York State Public Librarian’s Professional Certificate required at time of employment
- Experience working with children (birth – 6th grade) and parents
Schedule: Part Time- includes Days, Nights and Saturdays. Sundays as needed.
Starting Salary Range: Part Time: $27.00 per hour Librarian
This is a Union position and is non-civil service.
Reply with resume, cover letter, and references by November 1, 2022:
Great Neck Library
159 Bayview Ave.
Great Neck, NY 11023
No Phone Calls Please
The Great Neck Library is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Application URL or Email
Submit specified application materials to firstname.lastname@example.org.