Circulation/Reference Library Assistant
Job posted to this site on August 31st at 1:01pm
Application Deadline: October 1st 2022
HOURS: 15 hours per week; Tuesday/Wednesday/Thursday: 11:30am-4:30pm
● Reports to Quinn Library Administration (Lincoln Center Campus).
● Responsible for providing courteous and efficient customer service to all library patrons regarding all facets of library
operations, while remaining flexible to evolving service demands.
● Staffs Circulation and Reserve desks but is available for occasional Reference work.
● Conducts opening/nightly closing duties as required.
● Provides general Circulation services – collecting or waiving fines; general information, etc.
● Accepts and processes all Intercampus and Interlibrary loan requests for students and faculty.
● Fulfills document delivery requests – prompt scanning and emailing of needed articles.
● Helps manage Manual Recall Processing upholding efficient sharing of the library collection among all patrons.
● Able to carry out all Reserve Desk duties that includes Ares course management procedures.
● Participates in Digital Reserve related initiatives and support.
● Contributes to Statistics Reports – requires collection of daily statistics and tracking for annual reports.
● Provides patron assistance with KIC scanner operations, public printing, and general library catalog database searching.
● Edits book records in Workflows by modifying library location and status when necessary.
● Participates in stack maintenance tasks (i.e., shelf reading & audits) which includes inventory, weeding, shifting
and collection development.
● Monitors shared corporate email accounts – patron overdue notices & general inquiries.
● Participates in professional development initiatives.
● Performs other tasks as assigned.
● B.A required.
● Minimum one-year academic library experience preferred.
● Must have a working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications, Library of Congress classification, ILL, SIRSI
● Workflows, and online catalog and database searching.
● Prior experience in library related customer service, weeding and collection evaluation preferred.
● Prepared to take part in meetings or work assignments at RH or LC campus.
● Self-motivated, highly detail oriented with the ability to prioritize tasks and work independently.
● Excellent communication skills, both written and oral.
● Able to work well with others and coordinate shared tasks.
● Amenable to performing remote assignments when necessary.
● Strong commitment to public service required.
● Able to perform light lifting and shelving activities.
● Mandatory Competency Testing
● Demonstrated Writing Ability
Location400 Westchester Ave, West Harrison, NY 10604
Application URL or Email
Submit specified application materials to firstname.lastname@example.org.