Circulation Department Head Clerk
Great Neck Library
Job posted to this site on May 12th at 9:38pm
Application Deadline: May 22nd 2023
The Great Neck Library is seeking a detail oriented, service driven Head Clerk in the Circulation Department for an active, culturally diverse library system in a highly educated community. The successful candidate will provide assistance with general administrative duties to the Circulation Manager. Excellent interpersonal, communication and professional skills are a must.
Duties and Responsibilities include:
- Perform a variety of administrative tasks such as scheduling, compiling statistical reports and related tasks as assigned by Supervisor
- Responsible for the day-to-day supervision of staff and, in the absence of the Supervisor, the general operation of the department
- Position may involve prolong periods of sitting and lifting of up to 25 lbs.
- Other duties as assigned
Qualifications & Experience Required:
- Customer service experience
- Ability to use computer programs for circulation functions
- Knowledge of Sierra
- Ability to work independently, accurately, and with attention to detail
- Three years prior experience as a clerk (preferred)
Full time – 35 hours/week, includes days, nights and Saturdays.
Sundays as needed
Starting Salary Range:
The minimum starting salary is $45,000 + commensurate with experience and qualifications plus
full benefit package including NYS Retirement System.
This is a Union Position and is non-civil service.
Reply with resume, cover letter, completed GNL employment application (found here - https://greatnecklibrary.org/employment/) and references by May 22, 2023
Great Neck Library
159 Bayview Ave.
Great Neck, NY 11023
No Phone Calls Please. The Great Neck Library is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
LocationGreat Neck, New York
Application URL or Email
Submit specified application materials to email@example.com.