Circulation and User Experience Librarian
Gottesman Libraries/Teachers College, Columbia University
Job posted to this site on November 10th at 12:49pm
Application Deadline: December 12th 2022
The Gottesman Libraries aspire to excellence in advancing and sharing transformative knowledge to develop informed and engaged thinkers and leaders in the educational, psychological, and health professions.
Job Summary/Basic Function:
The Gottesman Libraries is looking for a Part Time Circulation and User Experience Librarian, responsible for the provision of excellent service and efficient operation of circulation functions, stacks’ management, and building access.
We invite applications from candidates who, through their experience, and/or service, will contribute to the diversity and advancement of the College community.
This Part Time position of Circulation and User Experience Librarian, is responsible for the provision of excellent service and efficient operation of circulation functions, stacks’ management, and building access.
This Part Time Librarian position will oversee the daily operation of the Library Services Desk, including scheduling of the Library Associates team; managing circulation and related library services; participating in on-demand reference services and technology-related questions; and addressing accommodations for persons with special needs. This part-time (27 hours) position requires evening and weekend availability.
Part-Time Schedule Example:
Sunday - Wednesday: 2:00 - 10:00 p.m.
- Master's degree from an ALA-accredited library science program; or current enrollment in an ALA-accredited library science program with a minimum of 3 years of equivalent experience at a similar institution; or a minimum of 5 years of equivalent experience at a similar institution.
- Experience with daily operations of an academic library
- Experience supervising library staff and/or students
- Demonstrated ability to successfully work in a team environment
- Demonstrated ability to work creatively in a rapidly changing environment
- Excellent organizational, interpersonal, and communication skills
- Demonstrated commitment to diversity in the workplace or community
- Must be able to work evenings and weekends
- 2-3 years of academic library experience
- Experience providing assistance to library users at a single library service desk
- Knowledge of Alma software
- General understanding of the mission and functions of a research library and the information needs of academic users
$34.46 to $43.08 per hour
Location525 West 120th Street New York, NY 10027