On Call Librarians
Great Neck Library
Job posted to this site on November 23rd at 3:33pm
Application Deadline: December 9th 2022
The Great Neck Library is seeking energetic, friendly on-call librarians who excel in providing excellent customer service. Successful candidates will provide assistance in finding books, other materials, and information both on-line and in print, reader’s advisory, digital services and collection development. Excellent interpersonal, communication and professional skills are a must.
Duties and Responsibilities include:
- Provide reference, research and reader’s advisory service to parents and children in a diverse 4 location library system
- Possess a hands-on, working knowledge of digital services and library download services on various devices and be comfortable showing and promoting these services
- Database searching, computer assistance, resource selection and collection development, book discussions and book displays.
- Position may involve prolong periods of sitting and lifting of up to 25 lbs.
- Other duties as assigned
Qualifications & Experience Required:
- General Branch (Adult/Childrens/Reference) experience preferred.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Word and Sierra preferred
- MLS or MLIS from ALA accredited institution
- NYS Public Librarian’s Professional Certificate required at time of employment
Schedule: On-Call Substitute Hours Only.
Includes days, nights and weekends.
Starting Salary Range:
$27.00 per hour- Rate commensurate with experience.
This is a non-union, non-civil service position.
Reply with resume, cover letter, completed GNL employment application (found here - https://greatnecklibrary.org/employment/)
and references by December 9, 2022
Great Neck Library
159 Bayview Ave.
Great Neck, NY 11023
No Phone Calls Please. The Great Neck Library is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Application URL or Email
Submit specified application materials to firstname.lastname@example.org.