Assistant Professor for Instruction Design and Education
CUNY - Queens College Libraries
Job posted to this site on January 7th at 6:03pm
FACULTY VACANCY ANNOUNCEMENT
Queens College Libraries (QCL), The City University of New York, seeks to hire a full-time, tenure-track Instructional Design and Education Librarian to develop, promote, evaluate, and deliver instructional support and content for in-person and online information literacy and serve as Education subject specialist and liaison to the School of Education.
The Instructional Design and Education Librarian applies learning technologies, design principles, and best practices to develop general and course-specific learning objectives and create and maintain library instruction materials for course-integrated instruction sessions as well as credit courses taught through the library department. The Instructional Design and Education librarian will serve as the library’s liaison to the School of Education. This is a public services position working closely with the Associate Librarian for Research & Instructional Services and the Associate Librarian for Scholarly Communication & Subject Specialists. Reporting directly to the Chief Librarian, responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- As the Subject Specialist for Education, provide appropriate services to the School of Education, including research assistance, library instruction, collection and resource development, and outreach
- Create resources and training for the Library Instruction Program and assist QCL librarians in integrating new pedagogical strategies into their teaching, including working collaboratively across QCL to design and create an instructional toolkit to support pedagogically sound instruction
- Identify, evaluate, and apply appropriate technologies to the design and delivery of in-person and online instructional services
- Guide library faculty to include universal design for learning and inclusive design principles in their teaching
- Participate in the library’s reference and instruction program
- Work creatively, collaboratively, and effectively and to promote teamwork, diversity, equality, and inclusiveness within QCL and the QC campus
- Represent QCL interests on various local, regional, and national committees.
- Develop a record of peer-reviewed scholarship and creative work
- Perform other professional duties as needed by the QCL department
- Schedule may include some evenings and weekends
Master's in Library Science (MLS), Master's in Library Information Studies (MLIS), or closely related discipline from an ALA-accredited institution, with a second graduate degree required. Also required is the ability to work with others for the good of the institution.
- 2nd Master’s degree or higher in Education or related field
- Two years of related experience in librarianship and/or teaching
- Experience with instructional and/or curricular design
- Experience teaching in higher education
- Familiarity with the ACRL Framework and other best practices for information literacy instruction in higher education
- Experience with technologies and tools that deliver e-learning content such as learning management systems, content authoring tools, etc.
- Familiarity with resources, current scholarship, and research strategies in the field of Education
- Strong interpersonal skills, including the ability to foster a collegial work environment
- Strong record of participating in scholarly conversation via publications, presentations, etc.
CUNY offers faculty a competitive compensation and benefits package covering health insurance, pension and retirement benefits, paid parental leave, and savings programs. We also provide mentoring and support for research, scholarship, and publication as part of our commitment to ongoing faculty professional development.
HOW TO APPLY
If you are viewing this job posting on any website other than CUNYfirst, please follow the instructions below:
- Go to cuny.jobs
- Search by the Job ID 23434 in 'Job Titles,Keywords'
- Click on the "Apply Now" button and follow the instructions
Please note that the candidates must upload a cover letter describing related qualifications and experience, resume, and the name and contact information of three (3) professional references in any of the following formats: .doc, .docx, or .pdf format.
**Please use a simple name for the document that you uploaded, for example: JDoeResume. Documents with long names cannot be parsed by the application system.
February 5, 2022
JOB SEARCH CATEGORY
CUNY Job Posting: Faculty
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
CUNY encourages people with disabilities, minorities, veterans and women to apply. At CUNY, Italian Americans are also included among our protected groups. Applicants and employees will not be discriminated against on the basis of any legally protected category, including sexual orientation or gender identity. EEO/AA/Vet/Disability Employer.